9

Hello!?

Great. No one here. I knew it wouldn't work.

I can't believe Creeton punched me! It hurt, too, gonna get a bruise on that one...

I stood up from the plate of leaves I lay on, stumbling as I lifted myself to my feet. I gazed around what seemed to be the Azafar Forest, just outside of the cottage, but this land was much more open.

Mum was there, Hartburrow was there. Dad was there? No. I was having a mirage...?

No, Dad was really there, he stood lined up next to Hartburrow and Mum. They all looked off into space, not blinking at all.

I stood across from them, trying not to move. My frustration soon faded into a sadness, but I tried to stay strong.

"There not really here." Hope walked out from behind a tree and came towards me.

"Neither am I. Neither are you." I said as she gracefully glided across the floor of leaves to get to me.

Hope snickered. "Yes." I frowned at her smiling face. "Funny?" I was confused.

"Nothing. I am just amazed that you brought me here." "Well, I wasn't the one." I held up the necklace that Creeton put around my neck.

"Creeton!? Mother gave him that at least fifty years ago!" She snapped.

"Yes. I also learned that you are seventy-two years old!" I smiled, feeling smug yet extremely intelligent. Hope looked surprised. "How did you know that?"

"I met up with Creeton in his shop. He told me everything. Gave me this, told me to see you, punched me in this face making me go unconscious, and here I am. But the last bits don't matter." I tried to cover up the fact that he punched me and my face was actually extreme pain.

"What?"

"Doesn't matter. I..." Looking over Hope's shoulder, I saw Mum look at me, and almost yelp. She mouthed I'm sorry.

"You know that this is all a part of Azafar's doing. Don't fall for it."

"I wouldn't, if you come more often. You haven't been coming to me for the past three or four nights!"

Hope sighed. "And I am not here now."

"Excuse me?"

"It's true. The charm, it calls the spirit, not the blood. It means that I am not actually me, person form. I am just a spirit. Ghost almost."

I put my arm to her shoulder. I didn't pass through. "You seem pretty real to me." "I'm not actually a ghost, it's just I am not me. This is a copy speaking, but this is just a dream, anything is possible in a dream."

Hope lifted an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I mean, you need to meet Azafar, conquer him." She giggled.

"What? I can't do that!" I laughed with her, but Hope's laugh soon faded into a serious frown.

"Ok, be real. Why do I need to conquer Azafar?"

"You are the first one to make it this far. It is like a game, you are at the last level."

"I still don't get it." I shook my head in confusion.

"Look at the people." Hope turned around to let me see the three people lined up, not moving. "Go to them, each one holds a button in their left hand. Press it." She pushed me forwards.

I walked over to Dad. I gazed into his cold eyes. He didn't show any emotion.

I unfolded his heavy hand, and pressed the small, red button.

Robyn? This is Dad. I can't come to you. It's too dark, and I'm so confused! I cannot see, and I need help...Someone is in here with me. Something rather. I'm quite frightened, to be honest. Come help, please! Robyn I...

I cried inside.

Next was Hartburrow, the button was held under his wing.

Robyn, we've only met twice, one wasn't even real, but I already know you. I have faith. Be brave and conquer Azafar.

He giggled as the tape scratched out. Next was Mum, my tears were shining more and more, almost pouring out of me, but I stayed strong, no tears.

Robyn, sweetheart.

This was the first time I heard Mum's voice in years.

It's Mum. I am real, gone, but real. Come to me, darling. I am so cold... The light is fading on me. I need help...! Come save us all... I believe in you my petal... Mum loves you...

The tears really started to show. One rolled down my cheek, and then another.

I turned to face Hope. Glaring, I marched towards her.

"Why would you show me this!?" I referred to the three behind me.

"I am not showing you these. They are in your mind."

"I'm finished." I started to walk away. "I'm fed up with all this dream stuff! None of this is real. Neither are you." I pointed towards the way I thought the cottage was.

"I hate to say it but you cannot escape from your own dreams." Hope joined me where I stood.

She hugged me.

"I know." I sighed. Closing my eyes I felt a breeze blowing against my back.

After the moment had passed, I opened my eyes to reveal that the world surrounding us two was slipping away. Melting into the floor.

Hope and I were in darkness.

"The deepest thoughts don't have to be long." ☪