To Cherish Even After You Have Perished

Erwin lousily opened his eyes. Beams of glistening light quickly flooded his vision, while he lazily rolled over in his thick sheets and closed his drowsy eyes once again. Just as his breathing slowed and his vision was dark and peaceful, someone began hoarsely coughing right beside him.

"Levi? Are you sick?" Erwin asked his husband, propping the pillows up to be able to sit and examine Levi's sickly face. The poor man's nose was tainted a rosy tint, while his face was as ghastly pale as porcelain, which brought out the deep bruises that were sculpted underneath his red-rimmed eyes.

Levi continued coughing until he felt his throat become the texture of sandpaper, taking shallow and shaky breaths. His eyes were brimming with tears, which Erwin quickly wiped away with his sleeve and pressed a gentle kiss on the tip of his pink nose.

"No, I'm not sick, just... my throat really hurts."

Erwin chuckled lightheartedly.

"That means you're sick, dummy. Alright, I'll call into our work and say you're sick and I have to take care of you. Don't even think about leaving this bed today, unless you want me to chain you to it."

Levi opened his mouth to protest, but instead, a sneeze exploded from him.

Grinning, Erwin turned to leave their bedroom. "You sound cute when you sneeze, by the way."

"Shut up, Eyebrows!" Levi called out from the bed, his voice cracking and his face being painted with a bright scarlet blush.

Fifteen minutes later, Erwin wandered back into their comfortable bedroom with a mug of steaming hot chicken and vegetable soup, a cup filled with Levi's favourite lemon mint tea, and a box of tissues. Setting the items down on the bedside table, he snuggled back into bed with Levi.

"Tch. I don't need to be taken care of like a goddamn child, Erwin," Levi complained, while secretly eyeing up the food. His stomach betrayed him and howled with hunger, reminding him of just how hungry he actually was.

"I know. But I enjoy taking care of the man I love, if that's okay with your stubborn ass," Erwin said with a shit-eating grin, moving his hand to cup Levi's own hand.
Levi quickly averted his flustered gaze to the floor, dwindling his thumbs around nervously.

Erwin laid a kiss on his flushed forehead. "You're adorable when you're flustered."

"I hate you, you know that, right?" Levi groaned.

"I love you too, Levi. Now, how did you even manage to get sick? In all my many years of knowing you, not once have you ever gotten sick."

Levi shrugged, nuzzling his head into Erwin's lap and bringing his knees up to his rumbling stomach. "I don't know. People are filthy. Probably caught their *achoo* s-shitty germs. I bet I caught it from being around that *achoo* d-damn f-four eyes."

"Maybe, but for now, how about I feed you your soup? I can hear how hungry you are, love," Erwin suggested, combing his fingers through Levi's ebony locks.

Levi glared at the man above him with daggers shooting from his eyes. "Like a fucking child? Seriously, anyone would think that I'm your kid!"

With a smug expression, Erwin continued to tease his husband. "Maybe if you weren't so small, they'd think we were actually within 10 years of each other."

"Oh, shut your giant ass-"

Before Levi could finish his sentence, Erwin had cut him off with a sweet kiss to his lips. He cupped his cheek and pulled away, satisfaction swirling in his beaming eyes.

"Now, how about that soup offer?" he suggested, gazing into Levi's tired yet glowing eyes.

Levi sighed in defeat. "Fine," he muttered, a pout plastered onto his face.