I Need You

Pearl

I wake up. I look at the clock and it's 1 am. I don't wanna sleep though. I remember I slept last afternoon so that's why I'm waking up too early. Without even thinking I go to my Dad's bedroom just for a hug which he won't probably give me.

Michael

I was looking through Pearl's phone. Not to be pushy or annoying. It's just so I know the way she thinks and she would feel comfortable around me. I hear the door open. I put the phone back and make the serious face. She starts to tear up.

"Daddy, I need you.", she says crying.

She sits on the bed and hides her face with her hands crying and shaking. I never saw her crying and shaking before. There must be something more than just the grounding. I quickly wrap my arms around her and and make her cry in my chest. I kiss her head multiple times and caress her.

"It's alright. Shhh, baby.", I say holding her tightly.

A few minutes later she stops crying but she's still shaking. I'm still holding her tightly trying to make her feel safe.

"Baby, what's going on?", I ask.

"I'm sorry. I get these panic attacks now and then.", she says. "I just can't believe that you don't wanna hear me."

"What happened?", I ask and keep kissing her head.

"Look, the day was actually crap. I fought with Mace a very violent fight. Then Ariel, Mace's ex-girlfriend was all over Liam which made me jealous as fuck. And then this bitch Mrs Herman was annoying me because I couldn't answer. It was too much for me and I just blurted everything out.", she yells.

I quickly get her anger atomizer out. She couldn't breath in it because she was so angry.

"1..2..3..4..5.", she breathes in between and calmed down a bit.

She breathes then in her anger atomizer and she was calmed down.

"I'm sorry. That's what happens when I get these panic attacks.", she says.

I never saw her getting a panic attack. I was so worried while she just knew what to do. I could've just called an ambulance.

"What happened between you and Mace?", I ask.

"Well, long story short, he thought that I was the reason him and Ariel broke up.", she says and rolls her eyes.

"What is so violent in it then?", I ask.

"Well, I punched him hard in the face and shoved him in the locker.", she mumbles.

"Holy fucking moly!", I shout.

I cover my face embarrassed because I had just swore in front of my daughter.

"Pardon.", I say shyly.

"It's alright.", she says laughing.

"You don't wanna apologize to him?", I ask.

"No. He should apologize to me.", she says.

I sigh. I don't think she needs more stress now.

"I'm sorry. I was just so embarrassed when they told me so I was mad.", I say.

She nods and sighs.

"Can you hold me?", she asks quietly.

I make her lay on the bed and hold her tightly close to me. I stroke through her hair. She lays down my chest and kisses it.

"I love you, babygirl.", I say.

"I love you too, Daddy Yo!", she says.

I know she's in a good mood because that's the nickname she calls me when she's in a good mood. I kiss her lips.

"God, I missed you so much.", I say.

"I missed you too.", she says cuddling with me.

"Well, I wanted to tell you that I'm done with my new album.", I say.

She smiles.

"When are you releasing it?", she asks.

"Sometime around this week.", I say.

She kisses my jawline and plays with my hair.

"Can we have a father and daughter dance tomorrow, alone?", she asks.

"Sure, honey.", I say and smile.

I really love dancing with her. She has good dance moves and she's the cutest person ever. I stroke through her hair till she falls asleep. Soon I also fall asleep feeling exhausted.