Chapter 5

Natalie’s P.O.V

‘Recap’

Natalie and Ashley are sisters; Natalie is the young trouble maker while Ashley is the responsible older sister. The girls were out shopping one day when they harassed by some guys and were saved by Drake who then becomes Natalie’s best friend. Two new guys Nate and Cole move into Ashley’s school and she has to help them catch up. Natalie and Drake (Draky) witness a murder but manage to run away before the murderer kills them. Natalie has a nightmare about the murder and Nate ends up comforting her.

‘Two weeks later’

“Oh my god, the ending to Harry Potter was awesome and so cute. Don’t you think so?” I asked Draky as we exited the theaters after watching the last part of Harry Potter.

“It’s not like you didn’t know what was going to happen.” Draky told me uninterested. “Besides it’s just a movie.”

“It’s not just a movie, it’s Harry Potter.” I told him putting emphasis on Harry Potter.

“I think it’s for kids.” Draky said shrugging.

“Ugh, I hate you, why am I friends with you again?”I said crossing my arms.

“Because you love me and because I took you to watch Harry Potter even though I don’t like it.”  

“You’re right. I love you Draky, you’re awesome.” I told him giving him a hug.

“You’re awesome too Natalie. Wanna come over to my place and hang out? My grandma has been asking me to invite you and Ashley over for dinner.”

“I can’t today, I need to go home, but I’ll ask Ashley and I’ll tell you ok?”

“Yeah, sure.” He said “Come on then let me take you home.”

The ride back home was filled with silence; I could tell that there was something bothering Draky.

“Hey, are you ok?” I asked Draky snapping him out of his thoughts.

“Hmm, yeah I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? Because you just passed my house.”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just worried about exams and stuff.” He said making u-turn to get back to my house.

“Hey, you know you can talk to me right?” I said putting my hands on his as he parked in front of my house.

“Yeah, I know that. But honestly I’m fine.”

“Ok, but I’m here for you if you ever need to talk.” I said giving him a hug.

“Hey Natalie.” Draky said after I exited the car.

“Yeah?”

“Did they catch the killer?”

“No, not yet, they’re looking for him though and they’re confident that they’ll catch him soon.”

“I see.” He said nodding.

“Don’t worry about it; Lincoln is one of the best cops in New York and I’m not just saying that because he’s my cousin.” I said smiling slightly and watched Draky nod once again. “See you tomorrow Draky, don’t worry about this too much.” I said and walked towards the door but before I could reach I heard Draky call my name again and when I turned around I saw standing in front of me.

“Hey Natalie, I never really thanked you for getting me out of there. If it wasn’t for you I would be dead.” He said looking at the ground.

“Hey, it’s ok. You don’t need to thank me.” I said.