chapter 1

Mia POV

"Mother, mother, Am back"I chirped as I stepped inside the house carrying an heavy polythene bag filled up with clothes. I dropped it down close to the washing machine.

Argh, that was quite heavy.

"Why were you screaming? You wanna bring down the building?"I heard her asked behind me and I turned to her direction

"So, sorry about that mom."I pleaded knowing the kind of person she is, she isn't gonna end there

"Who's your Mom? I've asked you severally not to call me Mom. Go get your Mom from her grave! I can't and would never be!"she yelled angrily

I felt like crying immediately but, held it in. I'm quite used to her words

" Don't keep standing there like an iroko tree, did you get all the dirty clothes from the customers?"she asked glancing at the bag

"Yes" I replied faintly. Barely recognizing my voice.

"Are you sure? These are way too small and I do know all my customers clothes won't result to such small quantity." She uttered packing out the clothes, littering them around the floor.

"That's what they gave me" I muttered

"I do know you as a lazy kid, you could throw some on your way here." She gritted out spitefully

I took in my lower lips trying not to say a word that would result to being hit. My body still aches from the beating I'd received last night for sleeping off without washing the dishes. While, her beloved daughter Rukky does nothing than always typing away on her phone which dad bought for her without getting me even just a torch light phone.

"Now, pack them and go wash at the back" she ordered shoving them towards me with her legs

What!

"Bu..t, there's washing machine here" I stuttered alittle stretching my hands towards the machine. She's always this way, She doesn't always let me make use of the washing machine.

"Are you trying to tell me what to do? Huh?" She asked and slapped me hard across my cheeks.

"Arrgh" I shrieked loudly. My cheeks hurts like hell as though it's about peeling off.

"Next time, you don't question my orders. Now pack them and make sure you are done within 1hour." She yelled behind me as I packed the clothes crying profusely

I've never known peace in this house,ever since I'd lost my Mom. My stepmom had been on my neck trying to make my stay in my own father's house, hell.

Though, my dad doesn't have money but, he got married to my mom and my stepmom. While my mom was still alive, they've always been conflict between boths wives. Despite my mom being the first, he'd always taken the witch side over hers.

I'm a year older than her daughter. She's just a lazy brat at 20. My stepmom turned me into a slave and my father doesn't say a word about it. He sometimes do beat me up for his beloveth wife and daughter.

Am just 21 and I've gone through a lot in the hands of the people I called my own family.

Rukky POV

"Mom, where's that bi*ch?" I asked the moment I stormed into the room.

"What's the problem, dear?" She asked concerned.

"Look at this, she has ruined my new gown with a iron" I cried out stomping my foot on the floor angrily. She's just angry dad bought me a new dress without getting her one and had to burn my gown on purpose.

"What? How dare that girl?" She'd yelled. "Come with me." She ordered already storming out off the room with the gown in her hands.

I beamed inwardly as I walked triumphantly behind her to the back yard.

"Mia, how dare you ruin my daughter's new gown?" Mom yelled and pulled hard on her ear which made her cried out in pains.

"I didn't, I didn't, please it hurts" she shrieked loudly and I couldn't help but laughed mockingly.

"You're leaving this house now! Don't dare returns without my new gown." I uttered staring disgustingly at her.

"You heard what my daughter said. get out now!" My mom ordered and I felt butterflies dancing around my stomach.

"Please mom, I didn't do it and I have no money to buy a new one." She pleaded and I rolled my eyes.

"Will you get out, bi*ch." I yelled and pulled her hard holding onto her stinking top and with mom assistant, we throwed her out and bang the door shut.

"What nonsense! She isn't coming back to this house without my new gown." I uttered and mom agreed with a nod of her head.

"But, what are we gonna tell Dad?" I inquired with a smirk feeling on top of the world

"Leave that to me, I'd handle that."mom assured and I smiled in victory