chapter 6

Mrs Johnson Chapman

"Alicia, are the meals ready already? Bryan would be here soon and he'd be very famished."I asked the head of cook whose been working for us for over 10years. She has aged so much over the years.

"Oh yes, Mrs Johnson. The table is been set already"she smiled out a reply

"That's good! Once he had arrived, send one of the maids to get me."I ordered and sat on my bed typing away on my phone

"Alright, Mrs Johnson"she bowed a little and walked out.

#few_minutes_later

"Ma,am, sir Bryan has arrived" I heard the maid called out from the door and I stood up immediately. "I'm coming."

I strolled inside the living room and found him seated gracefully with an headphone across his ears and I smiled on seeing how handsome my baby boy is.

"Bryan baby.."I called out his attention and he pulled down his headphone and gave me a feigned smile which I've come to recognized over the years.

"Come on, let's eat. I had the maids prepared your favorite" I beamed already leading the way as he followed suit in his usual steady steps.

"So, which of your mansions where you throughout the months?"I asked trying to start up a conversation as we digged into our meals.

"I guess that wasn't the reason you called me here, mom?"he said softly, not sparing me a glance as he was eating carefully like a lady. I rolled my eyes

"And who do we have here?"I turned on hearing his voice.

"My son who decided to run away from home chasing his dancing career and forgetting about his family's business"Mr Chapman spoked mockingly after taking a seat. But, all this while, Bryan didn't bother to spare him a glance as his focused was on his meal.

"Darling please, this isn't time for that."I uttered trying to avoid further words on the table.

"Then when's the time, woman? Isn't he supposed to be here running his family's businesses? Rather than chasing after some useless dancing skills?"he roared and I signed heavily when Bryan stood up and Storm out of the dining room without saying a word.

"You've seen what you've caused?"I asked angrily as I quickly stood up going after him.

"Bryan please hold on.."I  caught up with him when he was about entering his car.

"What for, mom?"he turned and asked fiercely making me flinched a little.

"Don't take what your father said the wrong way, sweetheart. He only wants what best for you as his first child or do you want your step brother Dave to inherit the family's businesses?"I asked trying to make him see reasons for himself.

"You of all people should know I don't give a fu*k about the family's businesses. I do have my own Damn money that's enough to buy every companies if I want to. So, what's the big deal?" He sneered and I scoffed angrily.

"Bryan this isn't about you! I don't want our family's name to go down the drain and that would surely happens if Dave gets to inherit the family's businesses. Please, Bryan don't let this happen."I pleaded crying softly while holding  his hands tightly and he signed heavily

"So, what do you want me to do?" He asked and I smiled widely knowing, I've got him where I wanted. One thing Bryan can't stand Is seeing me in tears and I've always used that to my advantage.

"All you have to do now, is to get married soon and start going to the company so you could know about the business." I uttered and saw his face changed into a More serious one immediately

"What? Married?" He Scoffed and I nodded

"Is this some joke or what?" He inquired fuming

"No, sweetheart. I'll send her over to your mansion first thing tomorrow morning"I said grinning from ear to ear and he scoffed Loudly

"You won't dare, mom!"he said through gritted teeth

"Bryan please stop this. We've talked about it, right? Please do it for me, please..."I pleaded shedding tears again and he signed defeatedly and stepped inside his car which was opened by his boys. "You can send her over, tomorrow. Am doing this just for you" with that said, they drove off speedily and I giggled happily

Mia POV

The hefty guy took me to the room and call on some maids to bath me which I declined.but, they where persistent to do it themselves which I had no choice than to agree to it.

After bathing me, I was tied a white rope to cover up my naked body.

"Please seat, here's your meal."the maid uttered and placed the train containing mouth watering meals in front of me

"Thanks"I muttered as I stared at the food and was hesitating if to eat it or not.
The growl of my stomach made me digged into the meal immediately.

After eating to my full, I sipped down some juice making some moaning sounds. "Gosh! This is the best meal I've ever eaten. I feel like never leaving this mansion."I chuckled at my own thoughts.

But hold on, what am I even doing here? Why did dad bring me here in the first place? Geez, I really do need answers to my questions. I stared out the window and it's almost night fall and am still not allowed to go home.

"You're done?"one of the maids asked standing in between the door and I nodded a response and she walked in fully to take the leftovers out

"Uhm, please can I ask you a question?" I asked when she's about walking out and she turned and nodded her head.

"Do you know what am here for?"I asked, still seated on the bed hoping she knows the reason.

"I don't know about that, Miss. You just had to wait for Lord Bryan to arrive. He's in the best position to give answers to your questions"she uttered, then turned and Left the room. I signed heavily feeling so dizzy already. Maybe due to the delicious meal which I've just eaten

I shifted a little inside the bed before laying down. I really just hope am here for a good purpose. I thought as I drifted off to sleep