chapter 9

Mia pov

I flinched back in fear as he kept gazing at me with his cold eye and I had to run my eyes around the floor. I just felt like peeing on myself this instant. maybe it could help lessen the tension radiating around me.

what's my problem? I should have admired them from a distance or better still, I shouldn't had entered his room. Oh God! what's he gonna do to me now?

I kept waiting for him to lash out on me but, that never happened as he just stood still at one point. I just feel like disappearing into thin air...

"Philip!"I heard him called coldly with his eyes still on me.

Why's he calling for Philip? it'd be he wants him to clear up the floor, right? I'd be so damn grateful for that.

"yes Lord" he responded obediently and gave me that pitiful look which I just couldn't buy.

for some minutes he kept silent making the room look like a grave yard. Acting as though he didn't called on someone. And for a while, I've began pondering if this guy is truly normal?

"Go get me those broken bottles from the store room and four stroke of canes.." he ordered

"On it Lord!"Philip uttered and hurried out.

broken bottles and canes? what's that for? I kept contemplating on it with my heart thumping fast until he returned.

"Here it is, Lord Bryan"

"Make a carpet with those bottles beginning from where she's standing and out the door."he ordered sternly and I gulped hard as the huge guy began pouring out the bottles, making a straight line towards the door.

"I'm done, Lord. what I'm I gonna do with the canes?" he asked after some minutes with a little bow. but as usual, he didn't get a reply.

"Step on them and exit my room, now,!" he ordered and my eyes dilated in shock.what??? I think he isn't serious about this.how can he ask me to walk on broken bottles,? is that even possible?

"I....I..what do you mean? I can't possibly walk on that. don't you have human sympathy?"I stuttered and I heard him scoffed.

"Don't make me repeat myself" he said softly but, the words held so much venom and I cringed.

"Philip, make sure to whip her 12 strokes of canes as she's walking on the broken bottles and if she dares step out of the bottles, increase it to 24 strokes."He commanded and that did it. I peed on my pant that that very minute. hot sweat broke out of my body even though the air con was on.

"Pl.. Please...I won't do it next time. I won't ever touch your things. Have mercy on me for just this once."I pleaded as more sweat broke out of my body.

"Did you just peed in my room? what nonsense!"he roared and I just kept praying the ground should open and swallow me up. I'm pleading for the damage I've caused, I'd to double it up again. What's really my problem?

Like a flash, He was standing very close to me with his right hand roughly holding my arm. "Does this place looks like your stinking house that you have to littered the floor?, huh? " he yelled with his fingers digging deep into my skin.

"plea..se I'm So_sorry you're hurting me" she kept pleading as he turned her back towards the direction of the broken bottles and forcefully pushed her and she ended up falling at the top of them.

"Arrrgh...."she let out an agonising scream as the bottles penetrate into her skin. she could feel her skin ripping apart as tears rolled out of her eyes endlessly. She felt so weak to lift herself off the bottles. Her back hurt like hell and she could bet this scarces can never be wiped out. Why is the world so cruel? She'd thought as she continued wailing loudly.

"This is just a tip of an iceberg. the next time you go against my orders, I won't exitate in hurting you so badly...that you're gonna wish for death."He growled making her bust into more tears.

"Clear everything up and make sure my room is thoroughly cleaned. Take her to her room and make sure no treatment is rendered on her."he ordered sternly And Storm out of the room.

"Ok_ay Lord Bryan" Philip answered shuttering alittle as he stared at the weeping lady. He felt bad for her but, there's nothing he'd do. he had to follow Lord Bryan's orders.

He carefully carried her in his arms to avoid hurting her injuries. she was bleeding so badly and the floor was covered in her blood.

"It hurts, Mr. it hurts s..o much" she kept wailing as he took her to her room and carefully laid her face down on the bed. Some bottles particles where still stock in her back making it hurt like hell. The pays were so unbearable and she was just thinking if God created her to pass through so much pains.

Philip stared at her for a while feeling the urge to help her. but, he just couldn't bring himself to disobey his boss. He tried leaving the room when Mia held his hand stopping him from taking further steps.

"Ple_ase do_nt lea_ve me th_is way." Her words were breaking due to the pain surging through her. She felt so weak already due to the lost of so much blood

"There's nothing I can do, Sorry." he muttered and freed his hand off hers and quickly leaves the room before he does something that would cost his life.

Mrs Johnson Chapman's POV

My driver parked outside the big building that I'd say is X2 of our house. we both stepped out of the car and I went ahead and rang the bell stationed at the wall.

"Mom, are you trying to tell me this mansion belongs to your son Bryan?"Fiona asked surprised at how big the house is.

"Yes it is. My private investigator won't give me someone else's address." I said factly and she giggled happily when the gate was pulled opened and two huge guys came out. I think I do recognize one of them

"How can we help you?" The unfamiliar one asked and I put on a smiling face

"Hey, Sammy that's Lord Bryan's mother." the one which I recognized earlier told the other one

"Really? I'm so sorry ma'am"He apologized and Opened the gate widely enough for us to walk-in

"Where's Bryan?" I asked

"Please come with me, ma'am" he uttered leading the way and we followed suit.

He led us inside a room that a loud music is being heard threatening to bring down the whole building.

"He's inside the inner room practicing for his show tonight."The Sammy guy uttered and I nodded in understanding before he walked out leaving just two two of us there.

"Wow mom, I can't believe Bryan is this wealthy. Everything is decorated in golds.."Fiona beamed and I chuckled

"Your husband to be is so wealthy and you're gonna be swimming in money, darling." I uttered and she giggled happily

"I really can't wait, Mom." she said dreamingly when the music suddenly came to a stop and Bryan stepped out of the room drying himself up with a towel.

He stopped abruptly when he noticed he wasn't alone in the room.

"Hi son" I called

"hello Bryan" Fiona cooed and went ahead to hug him but, he shoved her aside with a frown on his face.

"How did you get my house Address, Mom?"