chapter 2

Mia POV

I walked along the roadside with tears filled eyes not knowing what to do.

"Mom, why? Why did you leave me in this cruel world?"I asked crying profusely.

" They've thrown me out of my own father's house."I mumbled as more tears poured out of my eyes,endlessly.

"I didn't burn that gown, I knew Rukky is just tryna implicate me and she's successful in her plot. They're always backing her up"I thought spitefully.

If it weren't for her bodyguards, I'd had beat her up mercilessly. I wouldn't dare, else, I'm digging up my own grave with my bare hands.

I have no where else to go and there's no money to buy a new gown either. I have to return and plead with them and hope they'd let me in. I thought and took the route back home praying they don't kick me out.

Bryan's POV

I turned my back to the fool kneeling behind me as he pleads for more time.

"Boss, I promise to pay back soon, please."he pleaded trying to wrap his arms around my ankle,my boys where quick to hold him in place.

No one dares to call him by his name else, he/she needs a dead wish. You don't stare directly into his eyes they're cold as an ice and you could say he's an handsome Devil.

"Josh, you are my worker and you came to me pleading you are in need of money to solve some issues at home. Being a good boss, I loaned the money to you  with you promising to pay back since five months back.

"I gave you enough time to return my money and you couldn't also meet up.Since, you couldn't pay, you'd have to pay with your life! What do you say about that" I smirked evilly still not sparing him a glance.

"No, Boss please I'd pay back. I would!" he screamed trying to struggle out of the holds of Bryan's boys which wasn't possible.

"How about a deal?"I asked with a lip sided smile as I stared at him and saw the eagerness in his eyes.

"If it'll make you spare me, then Am ready"he muttered and I grinned widely knowing I got him where I wanted.

"You know I do have eyes everywhere, from a reliable source I found out you've got two beautiful daughters"I pursed for a while wanting those words to sink into his brain before proceeding but, I didn't miss those eyes that has becomed bulging on surprise

Oh,. He'd taught I wouldn't know a thing about him and his family?" I chuckled inwardly as I continued

"You Ain't dumb, right? I know you already know what i want so, deal or no deal?" I inquired staring at him with cold eyes which he couldn't dare stare at.

"You promised to spare my life, right?" He inquired and I scoffed

"I don't repeat words, Josh. You of all people should know that by now" I yelled pissed off

"Sorry, Boss."he apologized. "I'm ready to give my senior daughter to you in exchange of my life" he  fluently and I smiled slightly

"Bring her to me, later in the day. And don't you dare double cross me or your entire family would have to pay dearly."I threatened and he panicked.

"I w..on't dar..e, boss!"he stuttered and I signaled my boys with just a raise of my fingers which they understood and pulled him up to his feet off.

"Leave" I ordered and turned my back to them facing the table accommodating my cigarettes and drinks. I lit up a stick, took a huge drag from it and puffed out smoke using my nostril with a sigh of relief.