Ghost

"Sarg, I think we have a person of interest." Jay and Hailey went back into the bullpen after their meeting. Hailey set her laptop down on her desk so everyone could see. She had been researching Malony on the drive back.

"Kaleb Malony, 32 years old, long rap sheet. He has assaults, armed robbery, you name it. He also served in the marines for 2 years. He's been getting into trouble since he's been back. The VA group he goes to is court ordered." Hailey explained to the group.

"That explains the discipline in the group. They have an ops plan and make sure they aren't staying long enough for police to arrive." Jay chimed in. "My CI runs the support groups, that's how I know him. This guy isn't in the group I go to. I could go to tomorrow's group, get Mark to introduce me to Malony and see if I can get an intro to the crew. We can put a tracker on his car in case he doesn't fall for the bait."

"That sounds like a plan. Go to the group and see if you can get an intro. Make sure your CI know's his role is intro only. Especially if he's one of your buddies." Voight raised his eyes at Jay knowing many of Jay's vet friends were too eager to join into danger. The group continued to work on background information about Malony and known associates before calling it for the day.

The team left the district for the night, knowing that they had a solid plan for the next day. Jay headed to meet with Mark to go over some of the specialized weapons training that Malony would want to ask about. Voight was last to leave as usual. He went out the door towards his car but stopped when he heard someone clearing their throat. Lawrence stepped out into the light smoking a cigarette. Hank debated about reaching for his gun but saw Lawrence didn't have one visible.

"Voight, it's been a long time." Lawrence took a drag of his cigarette.

"Not long enough if you ask me, Lawrence." Voight answered with a growl of warning in his voice.

"Don't worry. I'm not here to do anything rash. I've had years to think about how I'm going to pay you back for sticking your nose into my business. You won't see it coming." Lawrence promised before turning and walking away. Voight seriously considered taking his gun out and shooting him to end his idle threats but knew the parking lot was covered in cameras and would see him shoot an unarmed, retreating man. With an angry sigh he left his car and went back into the district to ask Trudy Platt for a ride home. He would have his car swept for explosives and trackers in the morning.