#Hope

October 2nd, 2:00 pm

"what do you mean, 'sister'?" I snapped at the man crouching on a chair in front of me. He was staring at me with his huge dark eyes as if he's trying to peep into my soul. I myself was seated on a chair, but unlike him, I was all tied up. Sweat dripped down my face from all the struggle I put up just a few minutes ago, but it all went in vain. "I meant, we are siblings. We both came from the same mother's womb.", he explained in that exact same monotone. I groaned in exasperation. He wouldn't understand, would he? "Listen carefully you freak, I'm not your anyone. I wonder what made you even think that I wanted to be related to some weird impostor like you. You aren't even selling yourself with that horrible look. Do you think I'm so stupid as to believe you are L? Let alone your bloody sister? You ugly bastard, let me go right now, or else I promise I'll make you regret your very existence.", my tone sounded low and deathly, just like I wanted. He sighed and stood up, well almost, and walked towards the big screen in the middle of the room. He picked up a remote from a stand nearby and turned it on. I gasped. It was me, in my room, sleeping. This isn't good, good lord no! My shoulders slumped as the 1:05 am blinked in red at the top right corner of the screen. The moment it turned 1:06, me in the recording jerked up from the bed, panting hard. I watched myself frantically searching for a piece of paper and a pen to write down some names and time from memory and then, rushing to my phone and plucking in earphones, I watched the news with shivering hands. The man claiming to be L, zoomed in on the visuals in my phone. One of the names written in the paper was flashing on the screen along with a man's picture. It said, he was dead. He then zoomed out and I saw myself sobbing hard on the couch. Then he changed the recording and showed a collage of 6 men with their names above their photos on the right and the piece of paper on which I wrote the names on the left. "as you can see here, all these people are from the names on your list. All six of them mysteriously died of heart attacks at the exact same time you mentioned in the note." My lips trembled and a sob itched my throat, even so, I crocked out, "you-you think I'm a murderer?" he shrugged as he walked towards me and reclaimed his position on the chair. "I will neither ask you how or why this happened nor will I turn you in to the police. All I want is for you to accept the fact that you share the same blood as I. There's not much you could do at the moment anyway." A traitor tear escaped my eyes. He's trying to take advantage of my horrible nightmares? Does he not have the least bit of humanity? It's not my fault that the names and times of deaths of people who Kira would kill the next day would appear in my dreams! If he knew how scary it is to watch people dying every night, he would've never even considered such a thing. "No! I won't pretend to be someone I am not! You can't make me." I said through gritted teeth. He maintained his cool as he replied, "oh I can. You see, I'm currently leading this investigation and anyone I claim to be Kira will be our prime suspect. Especially when I already have enough evidence to back that claim as you have just witnessed. Therefore all you can do now is to let go of this useless ego and accept that you're my-" "stop it!" I yelled, then begged, "stop it, please." More tears made their way down my face as a thought occurred to me. I looked expectantly at him and asked, "if I help you catch the real Kira, will you let me go?" He rose an eyebrow and started, "what does that have to-" but he cut himself off, thought for a moment and then nodded. "yes. That sounds fair." I sighed. I might not be smart enough to solve this case or anything but I sure can help. If he really is L as he says, he'll be true to his word and will let me go.

 I hope.