Chapter 4: The truth and Burial mounds

This chapter may include:

Thoughts and memories

Actions

Violence

Mature content

Other

Chapter 4

Author's POV

A/N: I am so sorry- I completely forgot about the Wen siblings in the last chapter jdcndifhwa ill make sure not to forget about them this time lol also ontop is my drawing of my oc fayre :)

The screen flashes to life

Wei Wuxian is seen comforting or well...trying to comfort an angry and grieving Jiang Cheng who is blaming him, yelling at him, and hitting him yet the other is calm at looks at his brother with a grieving and guilty face.

The three remaining members of Lotus Pier are now in an inn resting, Jiang Yanli is hugging a distressed Jiang Cheng and grieving with him while an injured and guilty Wei Wuxian watches. 

There was a lost look on his face, similar to the one a child would have when they lose their parents.

The crowd was hit with a haunting realization, Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian were only children when the war happened, when they lost their homes and families, when they suffered through this pain.

It pains Jiang Fengmian and Madam Yu to see their children suffer so much, just days ago they were all laughing enjoying the peaceful days of their childhood but now...they were forced to grow up so early.

Wen Ning and Wen Qing grieved for the brother they lost, the pain and suffering this cruel cruel world had given to him, how they had destroyed his pure heart.

Jin Guangyao and Xue Yang felt sympathy for him knowing how it feels to be left out and losing someone you love.

Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan were shocked at the entire scene but said nothing.

Huisang covered his frown with his fan and silently watched with sorrow in his eyes.

The scene now changed to a panicked Wei Wuxian looking for Jiang Cheng thinking he left him and went to Meishan Yu, when he finally found him the younger was injured and unconscious. Wen Ning came and saved them at the last moment bringing them safety, Wen Ning began to treat Jiang Cheng's wounds and once he was done Wei Wuxian attacked the shy Wen and pressed him to the wall.

"You- what have you done to my brother!" 

Wen Ning tried to calm Wei Wuxian down and offered to help to which Wei Wuxian replied with "could you bring Sect-Leader Jiang and Madam Yu's ashes?" Wen Ning said he would try his best and just at that moment Jiang Cheng woke up and in a panic attacked Wen Ning, luckily Wen Qing stepped in the right moment knocking him out to save him from further embarrassment.

Ouch- Jiang Cheng thought when he heard Wei Wuxian thinking he abandoned him, but then again...isn't that what he did at the end, and the Wen's they helped him so much without them he probably wouldn't even be here or have his parents ashes, he was truly ungrateful...

Days passed and Wei Wuxian never gave up, working day and night to look for a cure, to bring Jiang Cheng's core back...but he found none. That was until he came across a page titled

'Golden core transfer theory'

by Wen Qing

Immediately he rejoiced, he had found a way!