chapter 30: The end of a journey

This chapter may include:

Thoughts and memories

Actions

Reflection

Pain

Other

Chapter 30

Author's POV

For the next few months, both Wuxian and Fayre diligently learned their respective arts from the elders of the town, of course, every day at the end of the day they would share their new skills and laugh about the hardships faced. It was a comfortable routine that both of them got used to pretty quickly. During their stay, they made friends with the entire village and always made time to visit their favorite seamstress and merchants.

Wei Wuxian and Fayre Yang made a habit of walking around the streets once their lessons had commenced and playing with the children, chatting with the stall owners and merchants. They also treated Ji-Yeon to a nice meal and spent time with her as per their promise.

Months passed by this way and soon enough, it was time to say goodbye. At the end of their final class, the elders prepared a small celebration for them as they achieved a great feat, to learn such high and valuable knowledge in such a short time was no joke after all. There were tears shed and hugs involved as both Wuxian and Fayre had to leave to continue their journey. They were leaving the next day and were sent off by the entire town, after Ji-Yeon smacked both of their heads and pulled them into a warm motherly hug, she and the elders made the two promise to visit.

"You both better return back to visit! don't forget our promise hm? your big sister will be very lonely without you but...she is also very proud of you. Thank you Wei Wuxian and Fayre Yang. You have brought only joy and good luck to all of us, I wish you the best in your journey and pray for your safe return. A-Xian, don't do anything stupid okay? and A-Fayre do invite me to your wedding will you?" Ji Yeon said with a smile although her tears betrayed her.

Wei Wuxian who was also crying laughed wetly and tightly hugged her once more promising to return and keep in contact while Fayre smiled tearfully and swore she would not wed her lover without Ji-Yeon present.

Wei Wuxian and Fayre stood in front in front of their masters who taught them for months. "Fayre Yang and Wei Wuxian, it has been many centuries since we saw hearts as pure as yours which is why we decided to take you in and teach you our sacred ways and teachings. We know this journey is important to you but in these short months, we have come to care for you as one of our own. We will not ground you and stop you but just know, should desperate times ever come on you, our doors are always open."

The elder then smiled and finished "May your dreams always be fulfilled and your heart always be satisfied." After another round of sobbing and thank yous Wuxian and Fayre were finally on their way once more.

"I hope we get to visit here again, let's bring Lian-ge, Jiu-ge, and Yuan-ge with us next time!!! I'm sure Yeon-jiejie and Jiu-ge will get along well hehe!" Wei Wuxian relayed happily as he and Fayre made their way to a safe spot to teleport.

Just like that, they visited a few more countries such as Vietnam, Japan, and Taiwan but eventually, their journey came to a halt, after being away from home and family for so long the two decided to take a break from traveling and return, of course, letters were shared and visits were made but that was not the same.

Saying goodbye to the people who took them in in Taiwan the duo made their way back to the heavens to surprise Xie Lian and the others. Throughout their journey, they learned many new things, different techniques, cultures, and languages, and met many people whom they grew close with and considered friends. Thankfully this journey ended with happiness and contentment, only time will tell what the new journey may bring.