chapter 17: Regrets

This chapter may include:

Thoughts and memories

Actions

Reflection

Pain

Other

Chapter 17

Author's POV

There was a heavy silence in the room that projected guilt, shame, despair, grief. The boy still so young had lost everything in life and still, he held such a kind heart, watching him apologize for the mistakes he had never made, he had to be separated and leave his child alone in a world of hungry wolves praying for his safety not caring about himself.

Jiang Yanli was a mother herself and even those who had no children could feel the pain. Her heart hurt for her precious baby brother. She could never imagine if her Jin Ling ever looked at her with those sad eyes asking if he had been bad. Seeing her XianXian sob while regretting his life and blaming himself for everything pained her to no end.

She knew it was her parents' fault, her mother who always tormented her brother and made him believe he was disposable, she had poisoned his young and bright mind causing him to value his own life so little. 

She saw him clinging to the child he will never get to raise, the child he will never get to see grow up and she cried, she cried as she heard his pained voice confessing his dreams for the child and praying to gods that the child lived. 

She had a nephew, her Xianxian's beloved child who he never got to raise just like her own son, her heart hurt for the both of them. She knew how loving and caring her brother was, he was always bursting with love and joy always giving it to anyone he met. 

Seeing him so helpless and hearing his pained cries will forever haunt her, oh she had so much to make up for, so much to tell him but she was too late.

Jin Zixuan had never hated his own sect and the cultivation world more than this, they had separated his innocent brother from his child, taken away his family, and brutally slaughtered them. They had blamed him and broke him and he hated them for that, he had no doubt his whore of a father had played a big role in this. 

He comforted his wife while grieving with her, even though at first Wei Wuxian punched him or insulted him (rightfully so) he had eventually come around and bonded with him sharing many stories of his wife and other brother-in-law. Over time he had begun to see why his wife adored her youngest brother (I made wwx the youngest in this au bc that man deserves to be babied and loved by everyone fight me.) he was just a ball of sunshine bursting with joy and love.

He had also given him many date ideas and told him of what Jiang Yanli loved so that he could woo her, he had become a sort of support pillar always making sure that Jin Zixuan didn't overwork himself or tell him not to pay attention to his shitty father when the old man got too much.

Now watching him breakdown while gently explaining to his child why he was never going to return hurt, he was being hunted down, being made to pay for something he had nothing to do with! His and his wife's death was never his fault instead it was planned by his own sect and father in order to execute Wei Wuxian.

That old coot had always been greedy and hungry for power so when he saw the crack in A-Xian's mask he struck and made sure to break that defense completely like a viper. Once that defense was broken he taunted the man and led him to his demise. God, he really hopes his asshole of a father does not escape the clutches of justice, he also saw how his father treated his offspring.

He treated his half-brother Jin Gyangyao like a puppet, the poor boy was manipulated by his father and forced to become cruel, he could only hope that A-Yao escaped the control of his father and realized his own mistakes.