Chapter 5: Demonic Cultivation

This chapter may include:

Thoughts and memories

Actions

Violence

Mature content

Other

Chapter 5

Author's POV

After Wei Wuxian was thrown cruelly into the burial mounds by Wen Chao he was surrounded by resentful energy, he was already injured and wounded from the whips and the transfer. Now he was pretty sure he had broken 50% of the bones in his body due to said fall, there was blood around him.

He could hear the screams,

The voices,

The taunts of the spirits and energies residing in the mounds 

Torturing him and slowly breaking him apart day by day

Somebody...please

Help me

Save me

I cannot take this pain anymore...

I

am 

D y I n g

I'm fading...

A w a y.

.

.

.

It Hurts

ITHURTSITHURTSITHURTS!

Stop it! No, don't come near me!

Every day was torture for him as the resentful energy played with his mind and body, it completely broke him. Not even a strong and powerful cultivator could survive such a place, so he without the support of a core was no match.

But he never gave up, always trying to control the energy because he had to survive! he had to protect his siblings, his home...he promised madam Yu, he owes this debt to them, and so each day he grew more unstable and injured, his mind was taken over by the resentful spirits and its voices, he was soaked in so much resentment that you couldn't tell the difference between him and a resentful creature.

Jiang Yanli had buried her head in her husband's shoulder muffling cries, while Jiang Cheng and Lan Wangji looked on with shock and pain, 'Even in his sufferings he thought of us, he never broke our promise...i did...'Jiang Cheng though is agony while Lan Wangji and Jiang Yanli kept muttering the mantra of 'Wei Ying' and 'A-Xian'

Nie Huisang sobbed even harder in his brother's shoulder when he heard his friend's cries and begs for help,

No one came...

They never did.

Nie Mingjue closed his own eyes as he comforted his brother silently cursing himself, this was just a teenager who had lost everything, who just wanted to protect his family, who just wanted peace but this cruel world only gave him pain, they gave him pain for his ways of cultivation when a had no choice. They made him into a monster, an evil being.

But...

Who was the true evil one here?

Wen Ning and Wen Qing were also in tears hearing those cries wishing they could have helped him more. Lan Shizhui closed his eyes trying to think about the good memories, it hurt too much, his screams hurt too much.