Sad, Beautiful Tragedy

Summary: Set in S1. Based on the song "Sad, Beautiful Tragedy" by Taylor Swift.

*Prodigal*

Long handwritten note deep in your pocket

Words, how little they mean when you're a little too late

I stood right by the tracks, your face in a locket

Good girls, hopeful they'll be and long they will wait

We had a beautiful magic love there

What a sad beautiful tragic love affair

In dreams I meet you in warm conversation

We both wake in lonely beds, different cities

And time is taking its sweet time to erase you

And you've got your demons, and, darling, they all look like me

'Cause we had a beautiful magic love there

What a sad beautiful tragic love affair

It was a beautiful day, as a human Elena Michaels sat on the couch, having a cup of tea Jeremy had handed her, not knowing anything was wrong.

A few minutes after she had a couple sips from the cup and had set it down, Clay came into the living room, phased into his russet werewolf self, and approached her.

She reached her hand out to him and pet him. Then, with her hand in front of him, he sniffed it. Then, after a moment, gently bit her, wanting to save her life. He knew that Jeremy thought she'd seen him turn from wolf to human, so Jeremy was going to kill her.

Jeremy pushed him back, as she got to her feet, feeling a little dizzy. 

Hours later or so, she began to transform into a tan or cream wolf with blue eyes, as Jeremy coaxed her into it, telling her not to fight it.

That year, because she blamed Clay for turning her, not knowing the reason behind it, she broke off their relationship, putting their what could have been engagement out to dry. Then, after killing a human that threatened to expose werewolves, she left town, needing space and somewhere to figure things out. 

*Grief*

Distance, timing, breakdown, fighting

Silence, the train runs off its tracks

Kiss me, try to fix it, could you just try to listen?

Hang up, give up and for the life of us we can't get back

A beautiful magic love there

It was a gorgeous day, as Clay and Elena ran together in wolf form in the woods. Then, when she was in front of him, he leapt at her so that she was on her back, Clay above her.

They looked at one another for a few moments, before she pushed him off her and got to her paws. Then she ran off and he followed her. 

Later that day, they woke up next to each other in the woods.

She got to her feet, phased human. She then put her clothes on and looked at him, once his were on, too.

"We can't do this again," she stated, before heading back to the house, talking about the makeout and then some they'd done.

*Vengeance*

What a sad beautiful tragic, beautiful tragic, beautiful

And we had a beautiful magic love there

What a sad beautiful tragic love affair

We had a beautiful magic love there

What a sad beautiful tragic love affair

It was a beautiful day, as Clay searched around for Elena, hearing the sound of gunshots. He knew it had been a terrible idea to split up like they'd been told to do, but he was always loyal to Jeremy. He was afraid that by splitting up though, that it had put Elena in danger with Leblanc. After all, she'd been the one that had put him in jail before he'd been turned into a mutt, her having testified against him so many years ago. 

When he finally found her after sneaking up on Leblanc and killing him, she was behind a car, hiding, after having had trouble controlling phasing. When she'd been able to concentrate though, she'd been able to stop it, so she was still in human form and she was okay.

He grabbed her from behind, but she thought it was Leblanc, so he told her, "It's okay, darlin.' It's me."

When she realized who it was finally, she calmed down and they hugged.