I Don't Deserve You

Summary: Set in 1x1, 1x2, 1x4, 1x9, and 1x13. Based on the song "I Don't Deserve You."

*Prodigal*

You're the first face that I see

And the last thing I think about

You're the reason that I'm alive

You're what I can't live without

It was a beautiful day, as Clay took Elena to see his family as he'd called them. Secretly though, they were actually werewolves. After she'd met Jeremy though, since he thought that she'd seen him turn back into his human form, Jeremy gave her a drink. Since Clay knew what Jeremy was up to though, he left to go phase and then came back into the living room. In his russet werewolf form, he approached where Elena sat on the couch with the drink, having just had a sip from it.

"Clay," Jeremy warned him, but Clay didn't care.

As Elena went to pet him, thinking he was just a big dog, he sniffed her hand before giving her the bite, but not hard. He was gentle towards her, even when he'd bitten her.

Jeremy pushed Clay back whom then watched from behind him, and Elena stood, feeling woozy.

When Elena woke up, she was in the cage in the basement, though she didn't know exactly where she was. All she knew at the time was that she was in pain, and Jeremy was on the other side of the bars, telling her not to fight the pain. Since she didn't know what was going on, that's what she did. Then, after what felt like hours or more, she felt the pain of bones cracking. Then she felt herself transform into something that, until now, she'd thought were myths. Then, after her full transformation into a werewolf, she became a cream-colored or tan colored, beautiful wolf with blue eyes.

*Vengeance*

You never give up

When I'm falling apart

Your arms are always open wide

And you're quick to forgive

When I make a mistake

You love me in the blink of an eye

I don't deserve your love

But you give it to me anyway

Can't get enough

You're everything I need

It was a beautiful day, as Clay searched around for Elena, hearing the sound of gunshots. He knew it had been a terrible idea to split up like they'd been told to do, but he was always loyal to Jeremy. He was afraid that by splitting up though, that it had put Elena in danger with Leblanc. After all, she'd been the one that had put him in jail before he'd been turned into a mutt, her having testified against him so many years ago.

When he finally found her after sneaking up on Leblanc and killing him, she was behind a car, having not been able to control her phasing while being emotional. Being chased down by Leblanc had made her feel like she was a kid again, trapped with him.