The End Of Leblanc

Summary: Set in 1x9. What if Thomas Leblanc had actually shot her, instead of missing?

It was a beautiful day, as Elena Michaels ran, as she looked for some place to hide. As she did so, Thomas continued to shoot at her.

Meanwhile, Clay ran through the abandoned warehouse-like place, hearing shots, looking for Elena. Despite Jeremy's orders, he knew they never should've split up. Especially, when there were at least a couple serial killer mutts out there. One of them had once taken Elena when she'd been little. And no matter what, no one hurt Elena and got away with it. Clay would do anything for Elena. In fact, their love was so strong that they were better together than apart. They completed each other, but it was more than that. Elena kept his humanity from being lost, while Clay was always there to pull her back from the edge. They were made for one another.

Elena almost made it to the blue car to hide, but then she felt it, as the pain of the bullet hit her in the lower stomach. She still managed to get behind the car to hide, though.

As Thomas got closer to where she was hiding, Clay got outside to the scene. Then, being quiet, he snuck up behind the serial killer mutt, killing him. He then rushed over to the car, only to see Elena seated on the ground, an arm around the wound.

"Elena," he said.

"Clay," she said, a little weak from blood loss.

"Let's get you out of here, darlin'," he said, as he gently picked her up.

Half an hour later, Jeremy and the others were home, her on the table downstairs, Jeremy taking care of her.

An hour later, Elena woke up with Clay on her bedside, obviously having been waiting for her to wake up. She felt better now, so they both knew that she'd live.

"Hey," she greeted, a hand on the side of his face. They didn't need to say anything else, because they had such a connection with one another.

He gave a smile.

She gave a smile.

A moment later, they were making out.