Danger

Summary: Set in 1x1. Clay doesn't get to her in time to keep her from going out there, and she runs into trouble.

It was a beautiful day, as Elena walked briskly, heading for the back door, as Clay tried to get her to stay in the house, letting her know that there were hunters out there looking for a didn't want to take a chance of her getting hurt if they found her. Elena was ready to take the risk, though. She'd do whatever she had to to catch that mutt. Or kill it.

"You can't go out there, Elena. What happens if they see you? Jeremy's already out there."

"I'm going out there, whether you like it or not. The quicker we get him, the quicker I can get back to Toronto."

"I'm trying to protect you," he informed her.

Elena didn't say anything. She just took off her clothes and, once she was outside, she phased into a cream-colored werewolf with blue eyes. Then she ran into the woods.

Elena ran through the woods, staying as far away from the hunters as possible, searching for the mutt. She had to find it before it caused more trouble. As she raced through the woods, her full senses were alert. Her paws thudded through the woods, as the slight wind blew through her fur.

Suddenly, she was attacked from the side by a russet wolf, knocking her to the ground, but she got back up and growled, ready to attack it. She knew this was the mutt, but she didn't know who the mutt was.

The mutt launched itself at her and she did likewise. Then it was a wolf on wolf battle. However, the mutt seemed to be more powerful, because she knew she wasn't having a good fight alone with this mutt. She was getting pretty injured by the mutt. However, not wanting to die, she finally managed to kill it. Then, because she wasn't in good enough shape to get rid of the mutt, she went back home, where she phased back to human.

Clay was still outside, waiting for Elena to return, when he saw her. She was hurt, though.

"Elena!"

He ran over to her and, when he got to her, she informed him of everything.

Later, after Jeremy had tended to her, she was just fine. So, everything was well at Stonehaven.