chapter 3

Chapter 3

As Lucy enters the rooftop she spots a certain goofy grin from a certain salmon colored mage.

She takes out her lunch and sits down next to Natsu and Gray.

"So this is the legendary student huh?" Lucy whips her head around to see a bluenette smiling brightly at her. "My name is Levy! Nice to meet you!" Levy stretches her hand out to Lucy and she accepts her handshake.

"My name is Lucy" Lucy says blankly. Levy giggles at the expressionless girl and pats her on the back. "You should smile more often. I mean you're cute and all!" Lucy blushes very lightly at Levy's comment and looks away.

"So what do you have for lunch Luce?" Natsu says as he slings an arm around her shoulders making Gray slightly upset. Lucy who was somewhat in shock from Natsu being so close to her, doesn't know what to do so she just freezes and stays still.

"Stop being so clingy Flame brain" Gray demands making Natsu angry.

"What did you call me Ice princess?" Natsu retorts while quickly standing up.

"You want to go squinty eyes?" Gray bangs his head against Natsu. Both of them start to fight and throw things at each other. Just as Lucy was about to use some of her magic to stop them, a strange woman jumps at the two and hits them on the head.

"Stop fighting!" Lucy immediately recognized who it was; she was Erza Scarlet, the president of the student council. "Are you guys still fighting?" Erza threatens them.

"No! We are best friends!" The both of them do a silly dance making Lucy chuckle a little bit. Erza hears Lucy and turns around to look into her eyes. After two minutes of awkward silence between her and Lucy, Erza breaks the silence.

"You're the girl that everyone knows! Lucy Heartfillia!" Erza puts her fist down to her palm. "So you do show emotions" Erza said bluntly while smiling. Lucy, who was sick of hearing the same thing, grits her teeth.

"I am human…" Lucy mumbles to herself but none of them heard except for Natsu. Even though he was extremely dense, he could read Lucy's emotions easily._________________________________________

After the brief introductions between each other, Lucy decided that she needed to have some space since she still wasn't really used to talking with others yet.

"I'm going to go now," Lucy says as she gets up while slinging her bag on her back.

"I want to go to class now." As Lucy leaves, Natsu chases after her.

"I'll go with you Luce," Natsu grins at her making Lucy look away.

Remember Lucy, don't get too close to him. The outcome will be the same as before. Lucy tells herself as she walks to class. Natsu notices that she is a bit upset from earlier and decides that he should cheer her up somehow.

"What is your favorite type of magic Lucy?" Natsu breaks the silence between them.

"Why the random question?" Lucy asks Natsu.

"Just wondering" He replies.

"Probably magic that involves the stars and galaxy" A faint sad smile crawls up on Lucy's face.

"Why is that?" Natsu is now curious. He thought she would say a magic that is really strong and on the offensive side.

"It's one of the only magic's that can make me smile. Also it reminds me of my mom." Lucy says, while imagining her mom, with a tint of sadness in her voice.

"I see. You're interesting Lucy!" Natsu giggles. He realizes that she wasn't just a cold girl who didn't care about anything. She was also just like him, a person with honest feelings. Natsu blushes slightly for realizing this, however he doesn't notice that he was blushing.

"So why are you so distant from others?" Natsu says unconsciously. When he realized what he said, it was too late. Lucy's face turned back to a blank and cold expression.

"There is no point becoming close to anyone. One day they will just disappear or stab you in the back just like-" Lucy was about to carry on but she pictures her and her past friend before which forces Lucy to shut her mouth.

Natsu was confused. He didn't understand why Lucy was like this and he was determined to get her to open up to him, no matter what the consequences were. Nevertheless, Lucy thought the direct opposite of him. She wants to be distant and not make friends because of her past.

"Sorry I have to go to the library." Lucy lies to Natsu as she turns around and runs away.

Sorry Natsu. It's best if we aren't friends.

"Shoot. I messed up." Natsu mumbles as leans against the wall and punches it. "How am I supposed to become close to her if she doesn't want to talk to me."

As Lucy runs away from Natsu, her heart is being torn apart. She actually want's to have friends but she doesn't want to hurt them.

"Natsu even made an effort to talk to me and yet I…" Lucy bites her lip and covers her right eye with one of her hands. "I'm a terrible person" Lucy continues to feel sad until she heard the bell ring.

"What are you doing hanging around? You will be late for class" Lucy looks up to find Gray looking right into her eyes.

"It's nothing. I'm just thinking to myself Gray" Lucy sighs.

"Well we can talk about it later, right now we need to hurry up. Aquarius will chew our heads off if we are late." Gray grabs Lucy's hand and runs towards the training grounds.

When they arrive there, they are welcomed to a very angry looking teacher named Aquarius. "Why are you brats late?!" Aquarius points at both of them and screams "I clearly said that if you were late, you would have a big punishment!" Gray was scared and even Lucy was scared.

"Run ten laps of the field!" She smiles sadistically at the both of them.

"Ah. Except for you Lucy. The principal wants to talk to you about something. I don't know the details so don't asks me." Aquarius says blandly at Lucy.

Lucy arrives outside of Principle Makarov's office and knocks on the door. "Yes?" A muffled voice was heard through the door.

"It's Lucy Heartfillia. I heard you requested my presence?" Lucy asks.

"Ah yes!" Makarov opens the door and invites her sit down on the opposite side of his table.

"Someone sent you this letter but it was confidential so we weren't able to open it. Only you can open it." Makarov smirks at her. He thought it was something romantic, like a love letter but he was way off the mark.

As Lucy's eyes scan the letter, she frowns which makes Makarov worried.

"What is wrong my child?" He asks Lucy while wearing a concerned face.

"This is… An offer…" Lucy manages to states out. "To Sabertooth Elite high"

________________________________________

End of chapter 3