Chapter 1- Break-In

Present-day:

I took deep heavy breaths as I ran down the dark, ruinous hallway holding my gun with an unsteady hand.

"Alert, Alert. Lockdown protocol initiated!" was on infinite repeat, forcing me to swallow it up with my eardrums along with the alarms which were blaring in my ears. Desperately trying not to be exposed by the cameras, I  ran around and around maneuvering my way across the floor I was currently on until I finally made it to the place I broke every law for. The vault. The place with so-called treasures worth risking your life for. Ya, that vault.

"Did you open it?" Mike yelled over all the noise, actually expecting me to listen to him.

"Well Scott, it's time to join the other side of the law," I told myself as I swallowed up all my guilt and just scanned the keycard.

"Access granted" is what I heard right before the oversized door opened up, uncovering what laid behind. What was it?

Gold bars, piles of cash, and instant Regret. To my eyes, it was nothing but complete insanity. I had never seen so much cash or gold stacked in one place all at once. "Did you open the damn vault?" Mike yelled again.

"Ya, the vaults opened. Come take what you need!" I yelled back.

Almost immediately everyone ran into the cramped room I was in, they made themselves comfortable as they all raced inside the vault. And by all, I meant everyone except Mike who walked over to me instead. He put his hand on my shoulder and started uncontrollably laughing.

"Take whatever I need? Nah, I'm not gonna take what I need rookie. Imma take whatever the heck I want!" he declared.

I sighed as everyone started filling up their bags. Needless to say, I wasn't one of them. Actually, robbing a bank? Ya right, I was dedicated to my mission, but not that dedicated.

I was wandering around as I waited and I thought I would be doing that for a while, but in a matter of only minutes the vault was almost completely emptied out. It was crazy, I just stood there in disbelief feeling nothing but regret. I honestly couldn't believe I was actually helping Mike and the others. It was the last thing I ever thought I would be doing but what else could I do? I hated it but I had to do what was needed.

"Guys, can we go now?" I nervously asked.

"Damn, someone doesn't wanna be here. Chill out Scott, just making sure we don't miss anything" Mike told me.

Honestly, I couldn't believe he told me to chill out. How the heck did he expect me to chill out when the alarms continuously ringing in my ears reminded me of the cops who were on their way.

The fact that the police could arrive at any given moment scared the crap outta me. The others? They weren't even phased by that. It didn't make any sense to me, everyone was just calmly looting the vault with no fear of anything. It was like I was the only one who actually gave a damn about the cops who could frikin arrest us!

I continued waiting for around ten more minutes until I was finally fed up.

"Guys the cops are boutta come! let's just go!" I yelled.

Stopping what he was doing, Mike came up to me looking somewhat calm, and somewhat pissed. His breathing was steady, but it still looked like his blood was boiling at the same time.

"Listen, rookie, I know the cops are coming and I know what we're doing so just keep your mouth shut while we work!".

Grinding my teeth I forced myself to calm down and just chill out despite every bone in my body wanting to knock the heck out of Mike.