Chapter 6-The Chase

Mike saying he was gonna get the bags back worried me. If he really planned on getting them back, how would he do it? Just what the heck was he planning?

"Alright Scott, Tim. Listen up, I got a plan. Now you both just keep quiet and get ready to move when necessary" Mike whispered.

Damn it, the very words I didn't wanna hear had been spoken. It felt like Tim felt the same way as me because after hearing Mike, he wasn't quiet.

"No, chill out. Be logical for once, if you try anything, it's not gonna end well. So just relax".

Of course, Mike didn't listen, I mean why would he. He alternatively reached over to his back pocket and pulled out a syringe, a damn syringe! We were literally speeding through the highway in the back of a cop car and Mike decided to pull out a syringe! One that was loaded and ready to inject, I knew he would do something dumb but this was crazy even for him!

And I tried to stop him, I literally grabbed his hand which actually felt like lifting a dumbbell, and I tried to hold him back, but it didn't work. Mike just ignored the wise words of me and Tim and instead just stabbed both cops putting them to sleep. What did he do after? He threw both the cops in the back, grabbed their guns, and hopped in the front himself, again on the damn highway.

The car was shaking and switching lanes as this was happening but Mike didn't care.

"What are you doing?" I yelled, causing Mike to basically die of laughter.

"What did I tell you? I'm getting the bags back, simple". "No, you're getting us all killed. The other cops are chasing us now!" Tim yelled.

I looked back to see what Tim was talking about and sure enough, we now had two cop cars chasing us. Mike, looking at this, decided to push the pedal down further causing us to go fast. Like extremely fast, the other cops as expected reacted immediately by speeding up themselves. They made sure to put their sirens up as well, making it known this was officially a chase.

The other cars cleared the way for the cops giving them a good advantage over us. Due to this reason, the cops were already beside us, and by beside us I mean they were literally screening us from left and right causing our car to intensely shake. Mike obviously saw this as a problem and began manically laughing. And when I say manically I meant it, he looked like he was enjoying the whole chase.

Like what the heck was wrong with him? He then opened the window and shot the tire of one of the cars. due to the speed we were all in, the sudden loss of air in that car's tire caused the vehicle to go flying back crashing.

"What the heck are you doing!" I yelled which again caused Mike to laugh.

"The bags we need are in the other car. I just made this whole thing easier".

With that Mike started bumping the other car hard, pushing it against the wall. It was honestly hard to watch, the cops were just screaming pushing back against us. But they were stuck. All I wanted to do was knock Mike out and arrest him. But I just had to sit instead, watching everything instead of doing anything. Let's just say, I didn't like the feeling.

"Man, screw the bags! Let's just go!" Tim yelled.

Mike wasn't listening as he just continued pushing and pushing our car against the cops until finally, the cops decided to do something. They hit the break causing them to go sliding back. To follow it up, they came back up towards us from the other side and started pushing us against the wall. Before long, we were in the same situation we tried to trap them in earlier. Karma had struck us hard already. Luckily a sharp turn came midway forcing the cops to distance themselves from us.

This gave us the few seconds we needed to get back on track and we took it. We made sure to straighten up before getting back towards the cops. Once we were neck to neck again, another turn divided us. The only problem this time was we ran into an issue no one liked. It was a very common problem almost everyone had to deal with.

That's right, traffic. Loads of it, after taking the turn we saw hundreds of cars all stuck in traffic barely moving. And us? We were driving at roughly 150km, so due to this problem, we ended up having a collision. A huge one and it all happened so fast I couldn't even process it. One second I was looking in front of me and the next I was laying on the ground, bleeding from multiple places. Mike was pushed behind the airbag and Tim was lying on the ground right next to me. It was a disaster.

I even pushed myself up to look out the window and what I saw horrified me. The cops had also crashed pushing multiple cars like us, from what I could see at least twelve cars had been involved in the accident.  Looking at this people were of course not calm, many people were just screaming as they tried to get out of the situation, and I myself wanted to do the same. Unfortunately, Mike didn't think this way as he saw this as an opportunity after he got up.

"Alright, imma kill the guards and grab the bags" he yelled over the muffled sound of damaged sirens.

Tim got up as soon as he heard this and grabbed Mike's arm stopping him, Mike tried to free himself but Tim didn't let go.

"Go after the bags, what the heck is wrong with you! You barely made it out of this accident, why do you care about the bags so much huh?".

"Listen, Kylo needs those bags".

"Screw Kylo! Why the heck do you give a damn about pleasing him anyways huh, you're sick you know that. You're sick!".

"Ya, maybe I am, so what if I'm sick? These goddamn cops are sick, the people in this city are sick. What the heck do you want me to do huh? They all act like they care about protecting us but they don't give a damn bout any of us. They're sick and they all deserve to die! Imma just make sure that happens" Mike yelled.

BOOM!

Suddenly I heard a loud gunshot followed up by the sound of someone collapsing. I immediately looked down to see Tim laying on the ground!