Galvanize

"Hey." Danny called, tapping Diana on the shoulder as the girl sat in front of him for class. Turning around to her friend with a smile, Diana nodded, letting him know she was listening as she practically sat backwards in her chair since coach Finstock was nowhere to be seen just yet. "I have good news."

"Oh, I like good news." Diana smirked, when Danny smirked too.

"Remember that Halloween party I was wanting to throw?" Danny asked as Diana nodded. "It's on."

"No way!" Diana gasped, growing all excited about the perspective of a party. It had been so long since she had gone to a party. "Did you find a space to rent?"

"Yeah, and it's awesome." Danny nodded, her energy instantly matching hers when he noticed she was pumped for it as well. "It's gonna be a black light party."

"Oh, so cool." Diana smiled. "I have a neon green top that's gonna look awesome under the lights. Is it gonna be tomorrow?"

"Yep." Danny nodded. "You're going right?"

"Is that even a question?" Diana scoffed, hitting Danny gently in the arm. "Of course I am."

"Are you going to bring someone?" Danny asked, his eyebrows wiggling suggestively as Diana rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you ask me the question you really want to ask me?" Diana chuckled amused, as Danny shrugged.

"Are you taking Stiles with you?" He asked, as the blonde bit her lip quietly.

"I don't know if Stiles would want to go to a Halloween party with me." She admitted as Danny scoffed loudly.

"Are you kidding?" He rolled his eyes. "The boy would go to the depths of hell for you. Of course he'd say yes if you invited him to a party."

At that, Diana clicked her tongue gently in her mouth as she turned around in her seat to look over at where Stiles was sitting, chatting animatedly with Scott about the Halloween prank they had pulled on coach Finstock- which was, most likely, the reason behind the teacher's lateness. When Scott noticed Diana's eyes on them, he nudged Stiles quietly, nodding his head over at the girl, who was sitting three rows to their right. Stiles turned around then, smiling brightly at Diana as he waved, not really having seen her at school yet since that was their first class of the day, and Diana was quick to smile back and wave, turning around to face Danny again as she ignored the knowing smirk on his face.

"You know what?" She asked, as Danny just hummed, amused. "Maybe I will invite him."

Before Danny could even say anything else, coach Finstock finally stepped inside the class from his office, an annoyed look on his face that only made Stiles smirk a little more.

"Mischief Night!" The coach said, as he walked around the room, glaring at all of the students sitting there. "Devil's Night! I don't care what you call it. You little punks are evil! You think it's funny, every Halloween my house gets egged? A man's house is supposed to be his castle! Mine's a frickin' omelette!"

The kids all tried to hold their laughter at the coach's very dramatic and annoyed speech, but nothing would have been as funny as having coach Finstock noticing a small wrapped present on his desk.

"Oh, this? We're gonna do this again? I don't think so!" The man said, before throwing the gift on the ground, only to have whatever it was inside of it breaking. The kids held their laughter again as the coach crouched to the ground to pick up the gift as he pulled it open and sighed once he saw the pieces of a mug in it before reaching for the tag on the gift. "Happy birthday, love Greenberg."

Diana giggled again as coach Finstock glared at Greenberg, who only shrugged, but turned to look at Danny again once he poked her on the shoulder before nodding over at Lydia. Diana followed his line of sight, only to frown when she noticed her best friend looking down at her phone as she swatted the air all around her. Almost as of sensing her eyes on her, Lydia lifted her eyes to meet Diana's across the room.