Chapter 32

Gutta, Shaun, and Frankie come up with a plan. They are set to head out in 5 minutes and I honestly don't know how to feel. Don't get me wrong, I know it's time for Ram to get what he has coming but at the same time, I want to save him. Am I really this stupid?
Gutta takes Frankie, Jay, and 2 more of his people to go to Ram's house. I told Frankie to text me when it's done. In the meantime, I take the kids to get ice cream before the place closes. I hope that things are up from here. My babies deserve a good life.
About 2 hours after they arrived at Ramero's Frankie calls me.
" Hello", I say as my chest starts to tighten.
" Hey my love. Just wanted wanted to tell you that everything is going to be okay. We're never going to hear from him again."
" Did you have to...?"
" No. We did beat his ass until he finally agreed to our terms. I'll tell you more when I get there."
" Somebody has something to say!", Jay shouts from the background.
I hear a muffled voice.
"Speak up nigga!", Jay yells.
" I'm sorry for beatin' you!", Ram says.
" Fuck you."
" We'll be back soon.", Frankie says.
" Okay. Talk to you later."
" Bye."
I get the kids settled in the living room and make sure they're good. Then I lay on the couch beside them and drift off to sleep. I forgot how tired I was until I got comfortable.
I feel something soft on my cheek and I wake up to find Frankie smiling back at me.
" Hey sleepy head.", she says lifting my head and sitting under it.
" Hey beautiful. You okay?"
" I'm good. My knuckles are a little banged up but I'll be fine."
I grab her hands gently and kiss them. "Come on let me get you cleaned up."
We go to one of Gutta's bathrooms and I clean her hands off and run to grab my first aid kit out my car. I get back to the bathroom and finish cleaning and wrapping her knuckles.
"So what happened?"
"You sure you want to know?"
" No.. but tell me anyways.."
" Well when we pulled up, we had to wait for a while. Me, Jay, Gutta and Lyon got into the house and Bryson took the car down the road to wait for us. When he finally got there, we waited until he got in the door and Jay and Gutta grabbed him. They dragged him into the kitchen and started beating his ass. Lyon turned on the water and filled up the sink. They continuously dunked his head in the water. I burned his face on the stove so he could have a mark to remember us by. And yeah.. we all beat the shit out of him. He agreed to leave tonight and never come back. He will never contact you or the kids again and he is on his way out of the country as we speak. Jay just texted me and said they just put him on a plane."
" Wow. Well atleast we won't have to deal with him anymore."
" You can finally have some peace.", Frankie says smiling and grabbing my chin.
I kiss her and we go back into the living room. The kids are knocked out so I grab JJ and Frankie grabs Shy. We get them in the car and ride to my house. Both of us grab child and head inside to lay them down. Once they are nested in bed, we go take a shower together and lay down. It's been a hell of a day.
As I lay there in Frankie's arm, I feel content, warm, and protected. Is this what true happiness feels like? I never want to lose this feeling.