Chapter 11

I leave the kids with Jay and Frankie drops me off at Ramero's apartment.
" If you need me, don't hesitate to call me. I don't want that nigga to know where I stay so just let me know when to come pick you up."
" Okay bestie. Love you.", I say giving her a hug.
" Love you too."
I get out the car and Ramero is standing at the door shirtless, motioning for me to hurry up.
   I go up to him and he hugs me and gives me a kiss. Frankie pulls off and we go inside.
We go into his room and I sit down on his bed. He walks over and stands in front of me. I look up at him and he puts his hand on my chin and leans down to kiss me. I kiss back and he deepens the kiss. I pull back, kick my shoes off and back up onto the bed.
" Let's watch a movie.", I insist.
" I'd rather do something else..", he says climbing onto the bed beside me.
" Maybe later."
He sucks his teeth and says, " Come on Ma. It's been too long. I at least need some head."
I start flipping through tv channels.
" Did you not hear me?.."
" I don't feel like it."
" Head.. Now.", he says starring a hole in the side of my face.
He grabs the remote slowly and puts it on the night stand beside him. He starts pulling down his sweatpants and his boxers. I roll my eyes and he starts pulling my head down towards his dick. Even though I'm not in the mood, I know he's not gonna take no for an answer so I just go ahead and start giving him head and jacking his dick.
He starts to get hard in my mouth and he pushes my head down further. His dick is a little above average size but I'm trying not to choke. He pushes my head down more until I start to gag and starts to nut in my mouth.
" Mmm..Swallow that shit..", he moans.
I do as I'm told and pick my head up and go to the bathroom. I cup my hands under the faucet to get some water.
I hate doing that shit! I just do it to keep him satisfied. I don't mind sucking but the swallowing shit is disgusting. I always feel sick afterwards..
   I come back out of the bathroom after about 5 minutes and he is asleep. I go to the kitchen and fix some food because I know he's going to want something to eat when he wakes up.
   I cook some pork chops, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans. I fix my plate and go to the living room and start watching tv. I get a text from Frankie.
   " You okay?",
   " Yeah, I'm good. I'm ready to go though, but he's probably gonna want me to stay."
" Well if you ready, I can come get you when J gets back to watch the kids. They're sleep."
" Okay. Just lmk when you're on your way."
" Alright."
I hear Romero coming out of the room and I continue to eat my food.
" Hey babe. What you cook?", he asks walking over to me, giving me a kiss.
   " Porkchop, mashed potatoes, and green beans."
   " Alright.", he says, sitting down and grabbing the remote.
   I continue eating and he looks at me.
   " Babe, I'm hungry."
   " I'll fix your plate when I finish eating, baby."
   " Your man is starving and you gone eat in front of me? What kind of shit is that, ma?"
   " I'm almost done. I just want to eat my mashed potatoes."
   He smacks his teeth and starts watching the TV. I finish eating and go fix his plate. I bring it to him with a cold Corona.
   I check my phone to see the time. It says it's 11:15.         
   "I'm gonna go soon so I can be there when the babies wake up.", I tell Ramero.
   " I don't see why you didn't bring them with you. Y'all can stay here with me. We're a family."
   " I know. I'm just working on getting my own spot and Frankie is helping me out."
   " Well I want you and los niños to come stay with me. I want y'all close. I'll take care of y'all. I don't want you working."
   " We can talk about it. I think I'm going to stay put for a little while because we're just getting settled in and I don't want to move them around too much."
   " What did I say, CC?"
" I know what you said but I just don't want to move in with you right now. That's not saying that I never will."
" So what you're saying is you're gonna pack up your's and their things and come live with me."
" Ramero.."
He just sits there looking back at me.
" Can we talk about it later?"
" There's nothing to discuss. You're coming to live with me.", he finally replies.
" I really don't want to argue with you about this."
" So STOP trying to argue with me and DO AS YOU'RE TOLD."
I just sit there on the couch and start flipping through my phone. My phone starts ringing and I feel his eyes beaming through my forehead.
It's a call from my cousin, Shawn.
"Who's that?", Ramero asks.
" My cousin.."
I finally answer.
" Hello?"
" Wassup Cuz?"
" Not much. Everything okay?"
" Yeah. I got some big things in motion. You looking to make some quick money? I know you aint really in the game no more but this the kind of paper you wouldn't want to pass up."
" I hear you. Let's meet tomorrow for lunch and we'll talk about it."
Ramero is still staring a hole though my forehead. I start to rub the spot I can feel him looking at.
" Alright, bet."
" Talk to you later."
We hang up.
" Let me see your phone.", Ramero demands.
" For what?"
" You heard me girl! Who are you meeting?"
" My cousin. I just told you that's who was on the phone. What's the problem?"
" You better not be lying to me."
" I'm not, Papi."
" Oh yeah? Well why won't you give me your phone?"
" Because that's dumb. You should trust me. But if it'll make you feel better, here.", I say placing the locked phone into his hand.
He tries typing in the code and it says " try again". He gets furious.
"WHY THE FUCK IS IT NOT UNLOCKING? WHY IS YOUR PASSWORD CHANGED, CC?"
" I forgot that I changed it, dang! Chill out!"
" YOU DIDN'T FUCKIN' FORGET! GIVE ME THE NEW PASSWORD NOW OR WE'RE GONNA HAVE PROBLEMS!"
" Dude, why are you trippin'? You 'bout to pop a damn blood vessel and for what?.. Because my cousin called me?" I say getting very irritated.
" Unlock this phone.. NOW!"
I use my thumb print to unlock it and he starts going through it. The only messages I have are from Frankie. The only recent calls I have are from him, my grandmother, Frankie, my little brother, my mother, and the one from my cousin, Shawn.
" WHO THE HELL IS SHAWN?", he shouts, like I'm not 3 feet away from him.
" My cousin, Ramero."
" I've never heard of no cousin named Shawn!"
" That's because everybody else calls him by his street name. You've met."
" Who is he?"
" Gutta.."
" Why would Gutta be calling you?"
" I don't know? Maybe because that's my family? Maybe he just wants to meet and catch up? Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions whenever my fucking phone rings?..", I say rolling my eyes.
" I have a right to know who you're talking to and who you're going to meet."
A new message pops up on my phone.
" Frankie says she's on her way. You're leaving?"
" I told you I want to be there when the babies wake up."
" First thing tomorrow I want you packed and headed this way."
" I'm not moving with you right now, Ramero. We can discuss this later."
" You're gonna do what I say!"
I roll my eyes and grab his plate to take it to the kitchen. He stands up and grabs me by my shoulders. He starts shaking me and makes me drop the plate on the floor.
" I'M TIRED OF YOU ROLLING YOUR FUCKING EYES! LISTEN AND YOU LISTEN GOOD! I RUN THIS.. YOU ARE MINE WHICH MEANS I RUN YOU TOO! YOU DO AS YOU'RE TOLD AND STOP GIVING ME A HARD TIME!", he shouts, glaring at me and shaking me with every word.
I feel fear taking over my body. And his hands squeeze tighter around my arms. I feel tears about to drop but I don't let them. He throws me on the couch and sits back in his chair. I remain silent.
" Clean this mess up and go get me another beer!", he demands.
I pick the plate up and put the porkchop bone that fell off back on it. I take it to the kitchen and bring him another Corona. All I keep thinking is, Frankie hurry up.