Chapter Twelve: A Smooth Summer

Camila and I stayed in the cave for an hour, I showed her my favourite part that was the hot spring over the next side. I have no idea how it exsist. I think because we might be near the forge that makes the water so warm but I have no clue. We didn't go in though but I had to promise that I would take her back there so she can go in. We then sneaked back in the cabins without getting caught by the Harpies.

The next few days went back to normal, I went back to working on my assignments, however, during lunch hour I would accommadate my friends over. It took me longer than I thought but I didn't want to disappoint them by locking myself away again. By the end of two weeks I was finished with all assignments, what was left need to do was to send them off to my teachers to help me with corrections. I headed to the Big House to talk to Chiron to leave camp for a few hours to head into town, he was very relutant but I reminded him how important this is to me in the human world.

I had taken Nico and Ally with me, there was an internet cafe that demigods can go and use cellphones or the internet if we have to. We were there about an hour before we hopped back on Duke and headed back to camp.

Now that I'm done with that my time at camp when back to my regular schedule and having fun with my friends and getting closer with Camila. The younger girl had been breaking out of her shyness but over time that joyful and carefree characteristic I know children of Iris had came right out. I'm super surprised that I get to see a part of myself that I have never seen when I'm with Camila.

Lauren, Ally, Nico, Will, Normani, Camila, Dinah and I were hanging out by the Southern Woods, we had hammocks hanged in trees and snacks and drinks when Chiron came galloping towards us.

"Joanna, I have a letter for you from your father." Chiron said handing me the letter carefully.

"Thank you, Chiron." I said opening the quickly and moved one side to read it privately.

"My dearest daughter,
I try not to ask much from you but my dear, your presence is needed.
I would like for you accompany me to the Winter Solstice on Mount Olympus this year.
You are destined for greatness and coming with me will start something new for you.
If you accept my invitation then burn this invitation during your offering, I will be listening for your answer.
With love,
Poseidon
God of the Seas & Your Father"

I sighed deeply as I ran a hand through my curls. I can't not take his offer then I'll look like an asshole to the gods especially my father but if I do then I get drawn into something I'm not sure I can get out of. I looked up to the skies with a glare but not dare say a word. I looked over at Chiron and the others that watched me curiously.

"Please excuse me." I said grabbing my bag and walked away. I could hear Chiron's hoofs behind but the look I flashed him let him know to leave me the fuck alone. I made to the beach and walked on the water and stuck my hand in the water using echolocation. In few second Bella, my trusty Hippocampi came through barrier and over to me. "Hey girl. To father." I said not caring who was watching me on the beach, I climbed on her back and we were off. In about an hour or so the view of the palace came around, I came off at the entrance and we greeted by the guards.

"Princess Joanna, we were not told of your arrival." A guard said and I glared at him before stepping forward.

"I'm here to see my father." I said as they slightly backed away from me.

"Poseidon is not here at the moment." He said causing me to looking in his direction. "But your step-mother is here. I'll let her know that you have arrived." He left quickly as he headed to off the get Amphitrite.

"Get my guardians as well. I'll be waiting in the courtyard." I said to the other guard before swim off.

"Sister!" Triton said swimming up to me but I'm no mood for pleasantries.