Roaming Spirit

Roaming Spirit

Chapter One

Why be noticed by humans, when you can roam the earth unknown? I always ask myself that whenever I regret talking to Kowahi.

Hey, my name is Roseka Lupa, but call me Rose. I'm your average girl, with long red hair and brown eyes. The tallest of all my friends, I am also the skinniest.

Three years ago I was tracked and Marked by Kowahi. He was disguised as a new kid, who was supposed to be really ugly and filthy. So, put "new" filthy kid and your own courage to be friendly and bam! You are officially marked. It sucks for some people, but others it was the coolest thing in the world. You need to go to the... well no one really knows where you go after being tracked and marked. All they know is that you have to meet Kowahi, (no one knows his name though, so they just call him "Demon", until they get marked, if they ever do.) at the old, abandoned church. When approaching, you need to show the so-called "statue" your sign. Each person is marked with an animal, depending on your attitude, physical and emotional appearance. For example, my friend knew a girl who was marked, and when she went to meet "demon" on her arm appeared a rabbit, because of her friendly, loveable nature.

When I arrive at the old church, the statue moves in front of the door, grabbing his sword out of the ground.

"Show me your sign, or prepare to have your memory erased!" He growls at me. I'm terrified, I didn't even know if I HAD the mark. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding. Almost in tears, I back away slowly, but the statue pulls me back. Gripping my arm so I can't escape, he rips my sleeve off. My arm shows nothing. I prepare myself for my memory to vanish, but he smiles at me. He shoves his sword back into the ground, and pulls out of his pocket a small dagger. The dagger is a brilliant silver, decorated with gold on the handle, and very short. Quick as lighting, he swiftly slashes my arm, then his own. I go to scream, but my mouth is covered with a thick, black glove. I look up at the statue's eyes, only to see a gleam of amusement filling them. Lifting his blood stained arm over mine, a few drops of blood fall into my cut, deep into my veins. There's nothing nearby to see myself with, but I know my ocean blue eyes are terrified, and my mouth is shaped with terror. The last thing I see is my bloody arm with something forming on it, then nothing but blackness.