Chapter Twenty-Six: Goodbye Hiraeth

POV: Sam/G.D.

Little A/N before we start: Tommy and Sam's relation ship is NOT ROMANTIC it is fully platonic, I will not be shipping minors. Tubbo and Ranboo are canonically married romantically but I will never write them kissing or any of that stuff.

After hanging out for a while and having some food everyone else goes to sleep. I'm not tired and Dragons don't need much sleep so I just sit on my bed surrounded by people.

Tommy is laying on the bed next to me while Wilbur is on the floor just next to the bed. Ranboo, Tubbo, and Michael somehow managed to all fit on the couch and Phil is sleeping sitting up in an armchair.

Techno is still watching over Nightmare and I plan on going out there so he can get some sleep. I slowly climb off of the bed, making sure to not bump into Tommy or Wilbur.

I tip-toe over to the door and open it quietly, walking out and closing it behind me. The moon is behind the house so the stars are the only thing casting a light on me.

I begin to walk down the path, watching the moon emerge from behind the mountain as I walk. I make it to the building and see Techno standing next to the door trying to stay awake.

"Hi Techno," I say. He jumps, I must have startled him.

"Hello, why aren't you sleeping?" He asks me.

"Dragon's don't need much sleep but you do, so go back, I'll watch Nightmare tonight," I explain. Techno reluctantly agrees, he's too tired to fight with me so he slowly walks back to the house.

I sit down next to the building, I'm not afraid of falling asleep because I've had so much sleep recently that I'm probably not going to sleep for at least a week. I look up at the stars.

They're lighting up the sky but at the same time it's still dark. Stars are something we didn't have in the end, we just had an endless purple void. We didn't have the sun either but I sometimes feel like the sun is a little harsh. I love being able to tell the night from day and look at an ever-changing sky. It's beautiful.

Because Dragon's live in the end along with Endermen, we both have a small amount of night vision because of how dark it always was there. It only lights up the area a little bit, not enough for me to be able to see everything, but it does make my eyes glow in the dark.

It's cold but I feel better than I used to. When I lived in the End I always felt hollow and cold, like I was an empty pit-a void. Now that I'm here, I feel complete, that empty and hollowness is gone. It got replaced by a warmth from the people here.

I guess you could say that my feeling of hiraeth is gone now. The void got filled. The ice melted. The obsidian cracked. And even though everyone on this server helped, Tommy helped me the most. Not in a romantic way or anything, he's just been the best friend I could have ever imagined.

I feel good about being broken with him because we're both broken in different ways. We help each other but we have fun times too, we don't just rely on each other for help.

I guess you could say that me and Tommy found a home with each other, a place where we both belong.

~If you haven't already searched it up, search up the meaning of 'Hiraeth' it's my favorite word. I can't explain it so use the internet. If you didn't read the A/N at the top then I'll say it again, TOMMY AND SAM HAVE A FULLY PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP, I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable I just felt that this was the right way to go in the story. I'll explain Tommy and Sam's dynamic in the next chapter/A/N. anyways, I love you/p and don't forget to take care of yourself! <3~