sixteen

Billie dropped Damon off at Elena's dorm at his request, only to find a text from Stefan soon after telling her Enzo had been captured by the local vampire hunter, Tripp.

She decided to help Stefan with whatever shenanigans he was up to this time and tracked his phone. Billie parked the car where the road stopped somewhere in the woods and continued on foot. "What the hell are you doing in the woods, idiot" Willa muttered indignantly under her breath.

There was no beaten path for her to follow out here and she was starting to consider turning back when she heard a voice calling out.

"Hey! What are you doing here?"

Billie turned around to face a group of three men. They had black duffel bags that were chock full and heavy by the look of them, not to mention they were swirled in black.

She put on a nice, clumsy little smile and slouched her naturally straighter posture. "I was on a walk with a friend, but we got separated." She threw her hands up like she was a ditz and saw a couple of their demeanours change, but the oldest of the three didn't seem phased.

Be careful of him.

"This is private property, well off the road. You're trespassing." He took a couple steps forward and Willa sighed quietly. She really didn't like getting physical, but wouldn't hesitate if it really came down to it.

"I just need to find my friend an-" He shook his head, buzzed blond hair catching some light on his head. His friends behind him shared a cautious look. "You need to leave, now."

Billie opened her mouth to argue, but her eyes fell on the slightly open zip of the lead mans duffel, particularly the pointy stick of wood itching to poke out. Her eyes widened slightly, but she wasn't sure if they'd be able to see from the distance they stood.

Hunters.

She took a step back and put up her hands playfully. "Alright, man, I'll just... keep calling him 'til he picks up." She nodded, walking back a few more steps, not exactly eager to turn her back to the band of vampire hunters.

She eventually turned around, just hoping for them to forget about her altogether. It was after a couple minutes of walking when her heightened hearing realised that she was now being followed. 

Billie sighed dramatically, hanging her head for a second before turning. "I said I'm leaving alright, there's no need to-" The minute whistling of a dart slicing through the air towards her reached her ears and she instantly whipped around, catching it before the small missile hit her back.

She caught their eyes. The blond one shook his head slightly, the smallest smile on his lips. "What'd I tell you boys, it never matters how nice or normal they look." He never took his eyes off Billie's. 

Harper flicked the dart away and put a hand on her hip, the other pointing accusatorily at the man she now assumed was Tripp. "Now, what do you mean I look nice and normal. Frankly, I disagree!"

Tripp tilted his head in gesture to the guys beside him and they advanced forward. Billie heaved a sigh and rubbed her hands together. "This is exciting..." She carefully dodged the next dart thrown her way, tilting her body sideways and watching it fly past her face. She turned back straight to advance but she was surprised by a trick shot when another got stuck in her thigh. 

She took a breath against the fatigue already creeping up on her, plucked it out and broke the left flanker's gun, shoving him hard enough into a tree that he was knocked out. Another prick in her shoulder and her eyes began to flutter slightly. 

Billie didn't bother taking that dart out, but quickly rushed to Tripp's other henchman, snapping his gun over her knee and pushing him out of the fight.