Chapter 1

I was lost. I couldn't find my way out of this dark, foggy, twisted forest. I couldn't retrace my steps because everywhere around me was the same and that's when I knew I was trapped, all I thought about was going home and getting away from this cold, dark, twisted forest.

Earlier that very day I was home after a typical boring day at the cafe, sorting Ethan out for the night and helping him with his homework until it was time for him to go to bed. Once Ethan was in bed I sat in the living room and thought about how my parents died five years ago in the car crash and how I miraculously survived but they didn't. Suddenly I was drawn from my thoughts by a knock on the door, I opened it and it was my best friends Emily, Rachel, Rosie and Allison.

"Hey, you want to come out with us?" Emily asked and she seemed very excited for some reason. "Hey,I'm sorry but I can't.Ethan is in bed and I have to take him to school tomorrow, plus I also have work to do." I said hoping Emily would leave it as that but she said "Come on Kat. It will be fun and we will be back long before Ethan wakes up" as she dragged me out the house and into her car.

"So where are we going?" I asked them. They all looked at each other until Allison answered my question "The forest" she said. My eyes went wide "are you guys crazy, tell me this is a joke!" I screamed at them. Then Rachel spoke up and said "You know it was our dream to go into the forest since our first year of high school". I glared at them and that's when Rosie said "we all know how much you love an adventure. Just think of this as an adventure that is going to be better than the others." and with that we arrived, parked the car and walked towards the forest. Just one step from entering I took a deep breath, shook away my nerves and entered the forest with the others.