Chapter 6: Corrupt utopia

Fubuki's POV

I can't move anymore and I am suffocating slightly because of his grip on my neck, again...!!!

FUCKING MONSTER!!! I WAS ALMOST THERE!! If I had more stamina, more power or more determination, I could have defeated him!!!

Although, despite all my motivation... I-I-I... I failed.. again.. It's going to end up being a habit... a bad habit.. or maybe it's fate that's not in my favor... A fate that someone has corrupted..

At least I was able to grant my last wish, I protected my sister for a short time... I could be happy but I am not...

But despite this power and these sensations from out of nowhere, they were of no use... The sadistic smile of the monster Zabro and the immobility of which I am a victim, are the irrefutable proofs that I have failed miserably..

Uselessness is the essence of who I am.

A few tears flow down my cheeks scratched by my hard fight. These are not tears of sadness but of despair, even rage because of my stinging defeat. This weakness will end up killing me slowly... Besides, I already feel like I'm dying from the inside.

I-I-I can't-t-take-it-anymore.... help me...

Zabro give me a strange look, which I could not describe because of my cloudy eyes. However, he suddenly lets go of me. I fall to my knees and then breathe in deeply, filling my lungs with fresh air. The strong wind calms down to give way to a deadly silence. I cough a little and then look at the monster with a disdainful air...

Why did he let me go? He felt sorry for me?.. Although, it doesn't surprise me.. Everyone has mercy on me, I hate myself..

I stay there without moving while waiting for my pain but nothing happens ... He's going to kill me yes or no? In a way, I'm just waiting for that.. If it can relieve my torments.. I think I am ready to die.

Zabro: Because of my excitement, I almost killed you, but that's not my mission. Your sister wasted my time. *Sighs* I was stupid on this one. Look, I want to see if you are the heiress.

I look at him incredulously. Another heiress story? I really don't understand what's going on... Tatsumaki must know the whole story without a doubt...

I am lost by all this unknown information that he and my sister have exchanged. My sister hides a lot of things from me.. When I think about it, it wouldn't surprise me if she really knows Zabro after all, even if he is a monster.

All this secrecy is for the sole purpose of protecting me? I find it selfish on her part.

Immediately, I feel light and float slightly. I can't move like before, but his grip on me is more... sweet in a way. Now, I am facing him and my feet barely touch the ground.

What is his goal for goodness sake?! He wants to kill us or make buddy-buddy with us?! This monster irritates me!! I don't know how many times I've said it!

Zabro nonchalantly rummages through his animal skin satchel. He manages to take what he was looking for and then places the object in front of my eyes. I refuse to look at it, then quickly close my eyes.

Just because I'm weak doesn't mean I have to bow to someone.

However, I regret my rebellious gesture a little, because the monster has just slapped me.

I have a collection of wounds and pains all over my body...

Zabro: I don't have all day. I have already caught on that you are suicidal so if you want your death as soon as possible, don't get me upset!