Genesis: 21

Genesis couldn't wait until her shift was over. She was off for the next two days, a rare treat, and her shift ended in fifteen minutes. She had just wrapped up a meeting with her manager and was counting down the minutes. As she came out of the office she passed Taylor, her least favorite employee, talking animatedly with Mark.

His eyes slanted into a glare once he noticed her. At least the feeling was mutual, she thought. Taylor was a complete dick and he couldn't stand Gen from the moment he saw her. Gen figured that it was because he was jealous, but whatever his reason it didn't give him the right to attempt to undermine her authority at every turn.

After nearly six months of trying to avoid confrontation Gen was forced to write him up. Gen ignored him as Mark turned to talk to her. "There's a big commotion over this chic in the 'home goods' section."

"You guys are always drooling over some broad." Gen rolled her eye as she pushed through the swinging double doors and into the store.

"True, but she doesn't appear to be our average sex kitten." Mark commented ass he fell into step beside her.

"What? No bare midriff and low riding jeans showing off their thong, tramp stamp and ass crack?" Gen snorted.

"See for yourself." Mark pointed toward their right.

Gen turned, not particularly interested in scoping the latest piece of ass that trotted into their store and ended up doing a double take. At first she didn't recognize the woman in the tight fitted, red mini-dress with the plunging neckline. She was being 'assisted' by three male employees, the tight golden curls framing her face bounced as she laughed at something one of them said before she looked over and her moss green eyes locked on Gen. A seductive smile curved her lips and she started to make her way over to her.

Gen's heart rate increased as her mouth watered. She was speechless. She'd never seen Carly like this before and as she put a little extra sway in her hips with each step, putting one bright red pump in front of the other, Gen realized her mouth was hanging open in a silent 'oh'.

Mark eyed Carly curiously as she approached and noticed that her gaze never wavered from Gen. Gen didn't know what her mouth was trying to say, but Carly didn't give her the chance to find her and she placed a hand behind Gen's head, pressing her body along the length of hers and pulled her into a fierce, passionate and possessive lip lock.

Gen vaguely registered Mark's "Holy shit!" as she became lost in her embrace. Fire burned in her veins as her body responded without pause. For a fleeting moment she forgot where they were as her own fingers locked into Carly's curls and deepened the kiss. Carly moaned into her mouth and pulled back. "What are you doing here?" She finally found her voice.

"I wanted to surprise you." Carly smiled. Gen noted that her make up was flawless and expertly applied, her lipstick hadn't even smudged. She really did look older, more mature and the way she carried herself would have made it difficult to believe she wasn't in her twenties, but Gen knew the truth.

"Well color me surprised. Why are you dressed like that?"She couldn't resist asking.

"I want to take you out." Carly slid her hands down Gen's arms until their fingers laced together. Mark, who stood off to the side completely forgotten, cleared his throat.

Gen looked at him, frowning at the smirk on his face. "Carly this is Mark. Mark meet my girlfriend Carly."

"Nice to meet you." Carly looked as if she'd just realized that anyone besides Gen even existed.

"Trust me, the pleasure has been all mine." His smirk spread into a grin as his eyes drifted back and forth between the two.

"I hope you guys can deal without Gen for a while. I'm kidnapping her."