6

Practicing & Patience.

~*~

Echos POV:

"Echo!" A voice called as I went to my locker.

I looked over my shoulder and saw a running Ava, "Hey Aves."

"Calla's waiting and we have to leave right away because Ian's driving us." she said in one breath.

My eyes widened and I shut my locker super fast. We ran down the halls straight to Calla's car. Well I may have pushed a couple people, but that's beside the point.

"Man. What took you so long?" Ian grumbled as we got into the car.

Ungrateful rat feces.

I rolled my eyes. Ian was Calla's older brother. The college student. The annoying college student. From his dark brown hair that is always perfectly done to his naturally bright white teeth. He just makes you want to hate him, you know. He's that one perfect person that let's perfection overtake their lives.

"Cal be done by 8." Ian grunted as we got out of the car.

She nodded and waved.

"Ugh...I can't stand him." Ava said as we walked into the gym.

"Neither can I." Calla sighed walking with us.

I feel welcome as we walked into the gym. The homey feeling of the gym and of the people at my side. My other family. The ones that don't bat an eye at the leather jacket. That don't judge the fact I can't fight. That don't care about my random bursts of anger. That only love me for me. Anger is so useful here.

I walked straight to my area where Iris was waiting. Each kickboxer has their own "area" of sorts. A certain spot in the gym where it's only us and our trainers. Iris is my trainer, the one that teaches me all I know. Iris, Kaitlin, and James work together to contribute to our team. We're not technically a team but in a sense we are. James trains Ava, while Kaitlin trains Calla.

"Echo!" Iris yelled motioning me towards her.

"Hey Iris. How was your summer?" I asked as she tackled me into a hug.

I forgot she was a hugger.

"It was great! I went to a kickboxing event camp in New York. It made my life." She gushed.

My smile widened, "That's great, you've been dying to go."

"Yeah, how about you?" She asked.

"It was usual. Family gatherings, dance after, hanging out with the girls." I shrugged.

Before I kickboxed I was a competitive dancer. I still am at some points. Dancing is in my blood. My mother and sister were dancers and so am I. So when they found out about kickboxing, I have to say, they were pretty disappointed. But kickboxing is my life right now. I can't change that.

"Next time you have to come then! I will make sure of it." Iris emphasized.

"Well I might just take you up on that offer." I agreed smiling.

Iris's smile brightened, "Great! You better! Now go change."

I walked over to the locker room where Ava and Calla were to set up for practice. I slipped off my leggings, changing into my black and blue running shorts, and shrugged off my leather jacket. I took off my crop top and changed into a blue sports bra. I took off my boots and grabbed my black boxing shoes. Then I grabbed my tape and Ava wrapped my hands.

Ready.

Changed and ready we walked out of the locker room.

"Aye Calla!" A boy yelled running towards us.

What's his name again? Roger. Daniel.

"Hey Stevie." Calla said smiling.

Stevie. Oh I was dead wrong.

As they indulged in a very deep conversation about whether or not the new version of the iPhone was cool, I walked away going straight to Iris.

"You ready Viper." She asked already setting everything up.

I smirked and nodded. Viper was partly because my sisters name is Piper and partly because when I strike, no one notices.

"Let's do this." She smirked and got into position behind the punching bag.

~*~

After numerous strikes, we went over the plan for my next fight. Being the first fight of the year, the trainers decided I would be the one fighting since I had the most experience. The reason the girls and I are a team is because we switch off who fights. For example if one of us can't make it, we "tag" someone else. It works for us.

~*~

"Finally!" Ava groaned laying face first on the mat.

I rolled my eyes and shoved her, "Stop being a whimp."

Ava threw a boxing glove at me.

"Aye! I don't need your glove in my face!" I yelled chucking it back to her.

"Hey! You love me and my glove!" She yelled laughing as I rolled my eyes.

"You girls can leave! We'll clean up today." Kaitlin yelled at our lying forms.

"Okay. Hey Kait can you get Eryn?" Ava asked.

Kaitlin nodded and ran to the other room where Eryn and the actual gym members were. The gym was split into different rooms and had another building. The room where we practiced was a closed off area where no one except trainiees were allowed. The Second room was the actual gym. The place where people actually exercised. Then there was the separate building where all the paper work stuff happen and where the pool and sauna are located.

"Ready girls." Eryn asked walking to us handing us our stuff from the locker room.

I nodded and groaned getting up, "I'm so sore. Do we have to go to dance tomorrow?"

"Yes we promised. Now someone help me up." Ava ordered groaning.

Calla rolled her eyes and helped her up as Eryn went to the car.

"Why am I friends with you guys?" She groaned putting her sweaty arms around us and guiding us out of the gym.

"I ask myself that everyday. Now get your nasty arm off of me!" Ava yelled, while I scrunched up my nose and shoved her arm off.

"Hey...it's not that bad." Calla whined smelling her arms.

"Calla. You smell like a cat that was left out in the rain and when said cat tried to go home he ran into some dragon poop and and washed it off in some lizard urine." I deadpanned.

"Wow, sugar coat it would ya." Calla grumbled while climbing into her car.

I smirked, "But then I wouldn't be me. And we don't want that."

Calla rolled her eyes, "I would want that. Me!"

"Sure. Sure." Ava replied smirking.

"God hurry up!" Ian yelled and I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Calla!" Ava and I yelled.

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah Bye."

Pulling out of the parking lot she disappeared past the school gates.

The wonderful life of a competitive fighter.

~*~

Hey people. This is Chappie 6. Yay! I have nothing to write.

Ummmmm............

That looks like enough.

Okay. Well. Bye!

Song for the chapter: Style; Taylor Swift.

Vote, Comment

Grace