8

Breaking Down & Confessions All Around.

**Please read the authors note at the end so you won't be confused.**

~*~

Echo's POV:

The ride to school was a tense one.

I feel as though Eryn knew something was up. She knew something wasn't right between us, but she knew better than to ask.

"Bye Eryn." I whispered getting out of the car.

The only thoughts I had were about my mom. Not even the fight, just my mom.

Was she okay?

Was she actually working?

"Oi! Watch where-" A voice yelled while I looked up.

"Declan." I whispered in a type of greeting.

His eyes softened looking down at me, "Hey. What's up?"

I shook my head, "Nothing I'm fine. Sorry I ran into you."

I walked away without sparing him a glance.

Gosh Echo. Get a hold of yourself.

I straightened my back, blocking my emotions. I can't deal with this today. No one can.

"Echo." A rushed voice called. "Echo! Wait up."

I paused and turned around looking at a flushed Calla. I placed a mask over my face not letting my emotions through.

"Yes?" I asked looking at her.

"What's wrong?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Noth-"

"Don't give me that nothing shizznit. I know when it's something." She growled glaring at me. "It's something when you don't even glance at Ava. It's something when you ignore everyone. And it's something when you place a mask on your face. Now. Tell. Me. What's. Wrong."

I stared at her for a long moment before the dam burst. Everything that happened to me in the last hour just exploded. A crowd started to form as I cried and cried and didn't stop. I couldn't. I wouldn't.

Calla frowned and grabbed me, pulling me to her shoulder. I gripped onto her for dear life, not letting the bond go.

"I-it's just tha-that..."

"Shhh...Echo. Shhh...tell me later." Calla soothed.

"Oi! Get the fuçk back!" A voice yelled, I'm assuming Declan.

"Come on. Let's get out of here." Declan whispered guiding Calla and I away.

We walked through the halls, none of which were vacant. The curious eyes and whispered voices were uncanny. The random clumps of people appearing at every corner was unnerving at the least.

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't think. All I truly felt was numb. I don't know why, but it's true.

"Okay girlie. What happened?" Calla asked when we got to an empty classroom. "You don't cry unless something bad happened and sometimes not even that."

I glanced over at Declan. He was staring intently at me showing no emotion. I don't know if that's a bad thing or if he truly cared.

I sighed getting ready to let a bomb loose, "First of all my mom left this morning again. Which was technically the start of all of this. She always leaves. She's hardly at home and when she is it's like I really don't exist. I get it though, she's busy. She has to work to pay off the bills, I get that. But so does my dad. He spends time with my sister when he isn't working. Sometimes I think it would've been better if my mom didn't get custody of me. Maybe I would've been happier, less of a mess."

Calla looked upset understanding what I was going through. Her parents were hardly ever home. She's like me in a way. The always working 24/7 parents bring people together some how.

"Oh and then this morning I went to Ava's because I always do since she lives across the street." I explained to Declan who nodded. "And her stepmom Eryn is going to stay with me with Ava included. We got into a fight. It wasn't a big one, but it was the topping on this shitty sunday. I told her that she was being selfish because she didn't want to spend time with Eryn. She doesn't understand that though. She gets another chance. Another chance to have a loving mother to look after her. I mean yes Eryn isn't her mom. I understand, but she's trying to be her friend not even her mom."

After finishing my rant we all just sat in silence. It was a peaceful silence of sorts, a comforting one.

Declan managed to break it though, "How do you feel now? That you were able to let it all out."

I looked over to his worried green eyes, this boy is really getting to me.

"I feel better I guess." I shrugged, wiping my tear stained face.

"Okay. Now that we've gotten that out into the air. What about you Declan?" Calla asked like a professional.

I chuckled at her, "You're acting weird."

"No. I'm not." Calls laughed and glared at me. "Shut your face lizard urine."

"Hey! Let's not speak of that." I yelled laughing. "And you're the lizard urine here, not me."

Calla and I laughed tears running down our faces as Declan looked confused.

"What about me?" Declan asked clearing his throat after we finished.

I looked over at him finally taking in his appearance. He was wearing a black tee showing off his perfectly tanned arms, that were covered in tattoos.

I didn't know he had them.

1000 times hotter.

He wore black skinny jeans and black boots. His long curly hair was just that, curly beyond belief. But still looked presentable somehow.

To sum it all up he looked fine. And I mean damn fine.

"Oh I don't know. Something on your chest." Calla shrugged nonchalantly. "It's the best time you know."

Declan nodded and had a very thoughtful look on his face, "My brother is acting out once again."

"Your brother? The blonker we beat up?" Calla asked chuckling.

"Yeah. Him. He just doesn't get that we're not going home anytime soon and that he has to live with that." Declan shrugged.

"Get him into something." I said looking at him.

Damn those green eyes.

"A sport, theatre, choir. Anything." I said chuckling a bit.

"I'll try." He said smirking. "Now let's go girls."

~*~

That's chapter 8 people. I've been so busy lately and I've lost my writing mojo. I hope I get it back truthfully. I'm trying here.

This book will officially be ON HOLD. I know what??? But I can't write all of these stories at the same time. I apologize in advance for anyone who loves this story so much. I mean I love this story too, but I don't know where it's going. I need to figure that out. I need time to. I don't know whether it will be months or years. But I do know that I will come back to this story.

Thank you so much and please stand by me through this tough time.

I love you all!

Grace x
10·24·15 10:01p.m.