04 ➣ can i have ur number?

Getting ready for 5th period, Ricky had his shoulders slumped forward and he had a tired look. Every time he tried to say hi to Nina, she said something rude. What was with her? Weren't they just hanging out in his bedroom?

When Ricky walked into his NEST period, he saw Alessia in the back of the room. He moved towards her, hoping to be able to tell her about Nina.

"Dude, what was your tweet about?" Alessia questioned, before adding, "and don't you dare say 'nuthin' or I will slap you." She mocked his voice exaggeratedly, making Ricky roll his eyes. 

"I do not talk like that!" Alessia raised a brow. 

"Answer the question!" Ricky groaned and sat down, dropping everything he had on his desk, which was his phone and binder for his next class. 

"Y'know Nina?" He asked, turning to Alessia. She nodded. "Yeah, we're friends. Why?" 

"Well... she's my neighbor. And yesterday we were hanging out in my room, but today every time I say hi to her she says mean things." He frowned. The boy looked like a little kid who dropped his ice cream.

Alessia put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. Maybe she's just in a bad mood." She shot him a sad smile, though she knew the real reason for Nina's actions. 

Ricky nodded, seeming to believe her. "Yeah. Thanks, Lia." He shook out his curls, "So how's your day?" 

The two friends continued their conversation throughout the longer class while they waited for the lunch bell. 

When it rang, they were still talking. Even laughing. It was like they had been friends forever which, technically they were. Except when they lost contact when Ricky temporarily moved to New York. 

bowenrickay:

❤️ liked by alessialuvsurmom, yesitsmyrealname, and 14 others

bowenrickay: um what r u doing

                                                     comments:

alessialuvsurmom: stop i told u not to post this

bowenrickay: sorry what? i can't hear u 

↳  ↳ alessialuvsurmom: i'm gonna get u back. 

alessialuvsurmom:

❤️ liked by s.ninaww, bowenrickay, and 207 others

alessialuvsurmom: try me 

                                                             comments:

bowenrickay: BRUH

bowenrickay: NO STOP 

bowenrickay: THE ONE I POSTED WAS;NTEVEN ABD

alessialuvsurmom: sorry what? i can't hear u

Once the school day ended, Alessia and Ricky went their separate ways. Ricky went home and into his room, bored. He didn't have any homework tonight because he did it all during WINN. He couldn't help but glance into Nina's room, watching her do the homework. He sighed, his former contentment morphing into a confused sadness. 

He looked away and went onto his phone, scrolling through instagram.

About an hour later the doorbell rang. With a dad-like groan, Ricky got off of his bed and made his way over to the door. He opened it, revealing a nervous Nina. 

"Nina?"

"Hey, Ricky.." Ricky stared at her with surprise. After the school day he didn't think she would ever talk to him again. 

"I'm sorry about today, I just don't want you to get hurt. EJ doesn't like it when I talk to other guys besides Carlos, Seb, and Big Red." 

"Oh. It's- it's fine. Come in." He smiled at her while she walked in. 

"To my room?"

"To your room." 

The two teens sat on Ricky's bed 3 hours later. "Hey, Rick?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I have your number? Just so we can talk to often." She smiled at him. 

Ricky nodded, "Of course!" She handed him her phone and he typed in his number, and vise versa. Nina grinned at him. "Bye, Ricky! See you tomorrow." She jumped off his bed and walked out. 

"Bye, Nins!" Nina opened the door and left, moving to her own house and walking into her room. She opened the blinds, waving to the boy next door. He waved back. 

They were friends. 

Sort of. 

Ricky thinks so.