Chapter one

'Who am I to be a successful person? My father's in jail for drug dealing, mother's basically going down the same road. My older brother is a leader of a gang and I'm me.

Im stuck in a crime infested town. I'm a C- student at best, I have no future'

Thats what I thought before I turned my life around.

I am Amanda Frey, and this is my story...

* * * *

"AMANDA!! Time for school! "

My aunt Melanie(aunt Mel) had to be the world's worst alarm clock.

"Amanda?!"

"Yes! I'm up" I reluctantly got out of bed, I was almost (not really) brought to tears. The bed was calling my name, Amanda, Amanda, don't leave me. Yet unfortunately, I had to go to school. Well atleast that's what they called it. To me is was more like a place for future convicts.

I got dressed and went downstairs. I sat on my usual old stool, it wss the only stool that didn't make a noise when you sat on it.

"What's for breakfast Mel? " Mel(anie) was like a mom to me, I love her very much. She's the one who kept me off the streets.

"Breakfast won't come to you. You'll have to get off your ass, and make something. "

"Ugh!" I moaned as I got up. "Today's the big day Mel."

"Ooh thats right. First day of high school. You excited?"

I made myself cereal, "as excited as I'll ever be. "

I finished my cereal, grabbed my phone said goodbye and headed for the bus stop.

When I got there, I put my headphones in and got into my own little world.
Music is my life, the lyrics are my story.

I saw the bus in the distance and prepared myself for the day.

I got into the bus and the first thing I heard was a blonde girl say, "hashtag LOSER alert". Then she laughed, she had the most annoying laugh I had ever heard. Ironically, everyone started laughing along with her.  I guess wearing a Spongebob tee on the first dayof schoolwas abad idea.Hello sweet high school.

I sat at the back of the bus and continued with my music. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and saw the cutest boy I'd ever laid eyes on.

"Hey, I'm Todd. "