Chapter seven

I had to set an alarm that day, Mel wasn't gonna wake me up. I used to think her yelling wad annoying, but now I miss it. I guess its true, you never know what you've got until it's gone.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The bloody alarm woke me up with a fright. I got up got dressed and had breakfast, the house was so quiet. I never knew one person could affect a home so much. I got to school and Todd was waiting for me.

"Hey, first things first. I need your mom's hospital details to make the payments. Secondly, are you pumped for the PARTY!?" Todd said excitedly.

"Duh. I couldn't be more excited. Do you mind if I bring a plus one?"

"Of course not, the more the merrier. "

"Awesome, listen I gotta get to class. Catch ya later, alligator. " I smiled.

"In a while, crocodile. " he smiled back.

I got to class and immediately sat next to Georgia.

"Hey, so there's this party today. I know its short notice, but I'd really like you to come as my plus one."

"You want me, to go to a party? I want to, but I've never been to one before. "

"We'll work around that. " I jotted down my address and handed it to her. "Come to this address at least 3 hours before 7."

"Sure, I'll be there at 3:30."

I smiled and continued with my work. I thought that maybe a good deed would get mymond off of Mel.

****

I hear a knock at the door, 3:30 on the dot. Georgia was really punctual. I opened the door and let her in.

"Someone's really punctual. " I joked.

"Is that a bad cause I could come back if you want me to."

"Whoa, take a chill pill. I was only kidding, plus there's nothing wrong with being on time. "

"Oh ok. Anyways, can we get started on my makeover and party prepping. I brought some clothes. "

"Lemme see," I looked thruogh the clothing and I was horrified at what I saw...

Horrible clothing!

"Sorry Georgia, but this won't cut it. We're going to a high school party, mot to church. "

"Oh." She sounded upset, maybe I was too hard on her.

"No problem though, I think I've gpt just the thing for you. " I pulled out a sexy tight fitting purple dress."That's perfect for your skin tone" she was qite pale.

I could tell she felt uneasy anout the dress.

"You don't have to wear it if you don't..."

"I'll do it." She said determined to prove something. She took the dress out of my hands and put it on.

It fit like a glove, I could tell she liked it. She had a twinkle in her eye.

I picked a black mini-dress for myself, by the time we we're done it was 6:30.

"We've got to het going. " I told Georgia.

"I...am...ready."

We boarded a train, and in no time at all we were at Todd's place.

I knocked at the door and Todd let us in.

"Hello lovely ladies. Do come in, amd may I say ypu two are looking mighty fime tonight." He spoke in such I proper tone that was so damn sexy!

We gpt into the party mood, almost the entire grade was there.

"Hey, c'mon. I wanna show you something. "