Chapter eleven

"Mel!  Guess what? " I yelled as I walked into the house.

"What is it? "

"I got a job! " We did a happy dance together.  I knew she would be happy for me, she too wasn't keen on school.

"Guess how much he's paying me? "

"$50 a day. "

"$20...an hour! "

"No way!  What are you doing, cleaning the entire house? "

"Actually,  just his bedroom. " I started turning red so I turned towards my room.

"His bedroom? "She said the 'his' in a weird way.

"Yes. "I responded trying not to  show her that I was blushing.

"Let's just not forget what got us into this mess.  Keep your pants on. "Mel said sternly.

I giggled and headed for my room, I'd always loved how straight forward Mel was.

I picked out my outfit for the next day and took a nap,  I ended up falling asleep all night.

***

"Mandy! "

I woke up to the worst name anyone could ever call me.

"Mel!  Don't call me that! "

"Why not! "  I went downstairs without even changing.

"Because thats what Todd called me" I answered in a hushed tone.

"Oh." She answered in an equally low whisper.

I went back up and got ready for work. Work, that word made it sound like a professional job, like something that I had to do in an office.  That was both exciting and depressing.  I had to go and clean someone's room.

I had breakfast and said goodbye to Mel, in no time at all I was at the mansion.  I looked at it,  I think I got cold feet or something.  Nevertheless, I rang the door bell.  There was something evil about  that man and I could feel it.

________________________________________________________
Long time no note, get it...forget it it's a horrible joke.  Anyways how do you like the book so far?  What do you think is gonna happen? Do you agree with Amanda's decision to drop out?   Do you trust this Brown guy?  All good questions. Feel free to comment, vote and follow.  Also follow me on Twitter @mazikojoanne and check out my other books.
If you're reading this, I just want to say thank you for giving my book a chance.  I really appreciate the gesture. :*.

- Joanne Matthews'♡