This is Libby, not George.

- dream -

Dream woke up as he usually did: at eleven, with sun in his eyes. He grimaced. Yesterday was a nightmare. Yes, he felt guilty for his torment. But something about her just gets under his skin, an indescribable feeling. She was a bug he couldn't squish. Relief softened his expression, having remembered that she left the country nearly five hours ago.

Still, he felt shitty for being mean. To cheer himself up, he decided to make himself a nice cup of coffee and work on a new mod he knew would be fun. His bedroom was upstairs, so to get to the kitchen he had to pass the guest bedroom. No problem right? One problem. The door was still closed. A million thoughts raced through his head at once. Did she miss her flight? Did she break something and is trying to hide it? Paranoia and a gut feeling told him to open the door.

The room was still dark, so his eyes had to adjust before seeing a crumpled figure, still lying on the bed.

"What the fuck."

No answer.

"You missed your flight."

Dream was seething, and each second that passed with no recognition of him being there added a level to his fury. This bitch! She's just messing with my head! But when he stomped into the room he saw that it was in fact Libby, but there was something missing. Something broke; there was nothing behind her eyes, which were swollen and bloodshot. Anger soon melted to concern.

"Libby?"

Finally, so quiet you could have missed it if you weren't listening, she explained.

"All flights have been postponed. Indefinitely."

That was all Dream needed to hear. He left the room, flew down the stairs, and started pacing in the living room. He had been keeping tabs on this whole Covid-19 thing, but hadn't thought twice when hearing of her travel plans. How could she be so stupid. No, how could he be so stupid, agreeing to this bullshit. She's stuck in his house. No question about it.

----

All that afternoon, Dream made phone calls, talked to managers, flight coordinators, the whole shebang. Quarantine was just placed and no one knew what to do. He booked Libby the next available flight, which was five weeks away. Now Dream really felt guilty. He still felt justified in his mean quips, she really was a spiteful bitch whom he couldn't stand, but you'd have to be a psychopath to not feel empathy after seeing someone's life torn apart in one minute. So, he did what he was best at; he planned, made arrangements, and organized everything to make it possible for her to stay with him until her flight. He wasn't too thrilled about the whole 'Libby' aspect of the plan, but everything else was perfectly set and tied with a bow, just the way he liked it.

It wasn't until he was having a late lunch at three did he think about the physical girl still staying in his home. Had she eaten at all since she got here? Dream recalled his doordash statement but didn't remember a delivery. Damn, he was a dick last night. But, in all fairness, she deserved it.

With a huff, Dream got up and climbed the steps to the guest room.

Knock knock knock.

"Leave me to rot." A scratchy voice spoke through the door.

"Now that's no reaction for winning a one moth stay at Dreamland!" Dream said on the other side.

Dream's corny sarcasm was in poor taste, and he knew it.

"Listen. I arranged things and bought you the next available ticket in five weeks. You can stay with me until then."

No response. Is she dead in there?

"Why are you being nice to me?"

"What? I'm not a monster!"

"You kind of are."

"Fuck you."

"This is Libby, not George."

Dream couldn't help but smile just a little. Libby was back.

"What's your favorite movie?"

"Why?"

"No reason."

"Then fuck off and leave me alone."

Yup. That's the Libby that Dream knew.

"I'm throwing you a pity party and you are going to like it goddamn it!" Dream was getting all excited now. He was going to be nice, and she was going to appreciate it. Was it bitter competition or genuine empathy? Who cares!

"There's a bathroom next to your room and there should be clean towels. I'm going to order more food." With a triumphant grin, Dream turned away from the still-shut door, determined to make the best pity party ever- out of spite.

~ A/N ~

I haven't updated in ages but oops. School is gonna be the death of me.