||ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴄᴇʀᴇᴍᴏɴʏ||

||Word count: 1646 Words||

The sun slowly arose, the bright light glimmering through all the gaps of ThunderClan's camp and chasing all the shadows of the night away. Newly announced warriors would finally shake themselves from the long silent vigil they had to hold through the night. 

Because of so, the apprentice den was empty for a whole night. Not for long though, for today new apprentices would be announced.

 In the nursery, soft snores were emitted by the young kits. Bumble'Kit silently snuggled up against his mothers warm chest. He enjoyed the company and warmth. Suddenly he got ripped out of his thoughts with a slight nudge. 

"Wake up darling" he heard the familiar voice of his mother echo through his minds. He groaned in response, digging his head into the soft moss bed. He then felt the warmth of his mother leave him. 

"Bumble'Kit, do you know what day this is today?" Bird'Song, his mother, chirped. "Huh?..." he questioned. 

"Darling, you have turned six moons. It's now finally time for you to begin your journey to become a warrior." his mother exclaimed. With those words, Bumble'Kit sprang on all his fours and he began to quiver of excitement. 

"Me?! An apprentice! Today!?" he cheered as he gleefully sprang out of the nursery, followed by his mother and some other kits. Other kits that were about to be apprentices too shared the excitement with the young Tom.

 All was interrupted as all the cats heard their leader speak: "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather around the Highrock for a Clan meeting"

 Slowly all different sorts of cats started walking towards their leader. Even the elders seemed to come too. "Today, I will be assigning mentors to apprentices." Thistle'Star said. Bumble'Kit could feel his heart racing at this very moment.

 "Purple'Kit, step up", the leader ordered. Bumble'Kit noticed a tom with a leopard like pattern and radiant purple eyes step forward. 

"Purple'Kit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Purple'Paw. Your mentor will be Half'Night. I hope Half'Night will pass down all he knows on to you." The young tom nodded with big eyes. His ears were twitching of happiness. 

Then the leader faced Purple'Paws mentor, Half'Night, a half white, half black tom. "Half'Night, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You had received excellent training from Raven'Flight, and you have shown yourself to be dedicated and honest. You will be the mentor of Purple'Paw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Purple'Paw" 

The Tom nodded as he softly touched the nose of his apprentice. His apprentice just stared in disbelief that this was happening. 

"Purple'Paw, Purple'Paw!" the crowd cheered. Bumble'Kit cheered with the cats of his Clan, until he heard the low voice of the leader call his name. His body froze but his mother softly pushed him forward, which brought him to move again.

 "Bumble'Kit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Bumble'Paw. Your mentor will be Blue'Wing. I hope Blue'Wing will pass down all he knows on to you." Bumble'Paw stared up at the leader with devotion to become the greatest warrior of the forest. In the following moments, a blue-grayish looking tom stepped up. 

"Blue'Wing, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You had received excellent training from Golden'Pelt , and you have shown yourself to be independent and clever. You will be the mentor of Bumble'Paw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Bumble'Paw"