||ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴘʜᴇᴄʏꜱ ʙᴇɢɪɴ||

||Word count:3585 ||

It has been a quarter moon, so to say, a week since the three apprentices have had their first gathering. The three were still on guard and taking note of every move the potential traitors have made in their Clan.

 But that didn't bug Lightning'Paw and his friends for now. At the time, they were at sandy hollows. 

It was dawn, they decided to train early so that they had the afternoon for themselves to profit. 

Lightning'Paw lunged himself onto his mentor, tackling him softly to the ground. If you guessed they were doing battle training, then you guessed right.

 "Nice job Lightning'Paw. Your name fits you for that extraordinary speed!" Fang'Blade laughed as he playfully pushed his apprentice off of him. The two had a close, brotherly relationship at the time they had spent together. 

Truth is, Fang'Blade, his brother Bright'Eyes, his mother Rose'Thorn and his father Raven'Wind had made a deal to take the role as a family for him, since he hadn't experienced the love of a family as a kit. 

"Alright everyone, gather around. I will demonstrate, with the help of Fang'Blade and Blue'Wing, a new fighting technique." Half'Night called, getting the attention of the three young toms. 

"The technique is called the Lightning Strike. The swifter you are, the easier this will be for you." Half'Night explained. 

Lightning'Paws eyes glowed at the mention of swiftness. You could say 'swift' is his middle name. "The Lightning Strike is done in a group. To do it alone wouldn't make sense after all. I will be showing it alone though." Half'Night added.

 "Fang'Blade and Blue'Wing are the enemies, the ambushers. It's done like this: Crouch behind the enemy with the patrol unseen." Half'Night said, while demonstrating  a good stalk as he creeped behind the two other mentors. 

"Then, you wait for the patrol leader to give the tail signal to attack." he continued, making his tail tip silently face upwards as the attack signal. 

"Then you spring squarely on top of your enemy. Make sure to aim for the ears, as there they will bleed easily. Caught by surprise, they will be easy targets." he continued as he lunged himself onto Fang'Blades back, making sure to keep his claws sheathed. 

"Then, as fast as you attack, retreat into the undergrowth." Half'Night said as he swiftly sprung off of Fang'Blades back and went back into a stalking position. 

"And you just retreat? How lame is that?!" Purple'Paw sighed while watching. 

"Well no! Heres the catch: Once the enemy lays their guard down, you attack from an opposite angle." he laughed as he went to the other side and latched himself onto Blue'Wings back. 

"You do this over and over until the enemy, that thinks that they are outnumbered, retreats"Half'Night said as he twitched his ears.

 "Now you try it. Us mentors will be the enemies." he demanded, and jumped into position with his friends. "Alright, we are gonna rock this!" Purple'Paw said convinced. 

"Oh, and Lightning'Paw will be the patrol leader." Blue'Wing shortly added. The three apprentices creeped their way together behind their mentors, Half'Night watching their every step, ready to correct them. 

"Good, now wait for the signal" Half'Night whispered. Lightning'Paw waited for their mentors to sit and ponder impatiently. In that moment he flicked his tail as the sign to attack. 

Bumble'Paw latched himself onto Fang'Blade and swiped at his ears, making him jolt in surprise. Then as quick as they attacked, the three creeped back into their position from before.