||ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʜɪꜱ ᴇʏᴇꜱ||

Word count: 2121 Words

Voices and angry growls were heard. Protest and soft responses. That's what shook Bumble'Paw out of his sleep. It was already the next day, he must've slept for a long time. 

Cream'Paw was still curled up in the far corner while Purple'Paw was nowhere to be found. The commotion wasn't loud, the opposite actually. There were whispers and judging mewls to be heard. 

He stretched himself as he trotted out of his den, curious about what was going on. He came outside right on time. 

The whole Clan was awake, crowds of cats gathered around the entrance of the camp. The center of attention was pointed towards Raven'Flight standing calmly beside a bruised but curios young tom.

 Bumble'Paw suddenly felt a strange scent tickle his nose. It smelled strangely like fish and two-legs. His brain clicked. 

"A kittypet!" he thought. But what was strange is that the kittypet wasn't well fed. His mother used to tell him stories about kittypets. 

She explained that kittypets were cats that lived with house folk in a two-leg nest. She told him that they were usually well fed, but it was the exact opposite for the kittypet that stood there. He had bruises and scars, his body was thin.

The tom had a blond pelt, big, pointy ears and flashing blue eyes. Slightly darker stripes covered the rest of his pelt, making it obvious that the was a tabby. His face carried a curious yet cautious look. A little bit of white tinged his muzzle and chest as his gaze flickered over all the cats around him.

"Raven'Flight, explain. What is the meaning of this? Bringing a kittypet into our camp..." Thistle'Star hissed. Bumble'Paw kept his eyes on the two standing in the middle. Raven'Flight pushed the kitty pet into the middle of the midst of cats. 

"I'd like to make him join ThunderClan." Raven'Flight said. There was no hesitation lingering in his voice. He was being dead serious. 

"What? No way! Why would we let a kittypet, a cat that lives a soft, overfed life, into our Clan!" Crow'Call, an elder called out. Many others joined his protest. 

Raven'Flight started to explain back: "He's no ordinary kittypet. His house folk don't care about him. They kick him and bruise him day by day. They never feed him and abuse isn't the life he should live for such a young Tom. He has potential, I promise!" 

After so, other warriors started agreeing with him, including his two sons. Suddenly a loud cackle interrupted all of the whispers.

"Hah, that's what he deserves. He chose to live such a foolish life, then so be it. Bet that after a few days he'll be mewling and yowling for his house folk. Especially with that pathetic red twoleg marking around his neck! He'll go to gatherings with that and make every cat smirk at him for looking like a complete mouse brained fool!" Some cats snickered at her statement.

 "T-that's not true!" The blond pelted Tom hissed, as he unsheathed his claws in embarrassment, digging them into the forest floor. Storm'Winds ears pulled back as she let out a long growl. 

"Oh, you wanna fight you overfed, fox hearted fool? Cmon! Let's fight!" She snarled in annoyance. "Storm'Wind, now is not the time-" Golden'Pelt called, but it was too late. 

Storm'Wind lunged herself forward with a might pounce. But as she flew towards the tom, the kitty pet dodged with the speed of a leopard. The smell of fear slightly lingered in the air, but slowly disappeared as the pouncing and attacking continued. 

Compared to the kitty pet, the warrior was much slower, which was a enormous surprise for Bumble'Paw. Storm'Wind was a warrior that got mentored for situations like this, and yet, she was failing. Slowly the kittypet started smiling at the she-cats slow actions.