iv. The Upside Down

Chapter 4iv

Chapter 4
iv. The Upside Down

Third Person POV

shaking with fear nancy ran for her life as the monster sped towards her. each time it moved it was a blur. her heart was pounding in her ears, everything about this place felt so familiar yet different to her. in hope that she lost the demogorgan she slowed down to a walk. a twig snapped under her  foot. her head shot back to where the demogorgan had previously been to find it had dissapeared.

suddenly, a hand grabbed her and pulled her behind a tree pushing her against it. just as she was about to scream a hand clasped over her mouth. the girl that had saved nancy had brown skin, dark brown wavy hair, mesmerizing brown eyes and plump lips . they stayed in the position they were in until they where sure the demogorgan was gone. realizing how close they were together the person quickly but cautiously pulled away making sure not to make any noise. she then motioned over to the portal and grabbed nancy's hand dragging her to the now closing  portal. nancy dived through first screaming for someone by the name of jonathan until she eventually dissapeared. the girl in the suit desperately scrambled into the portal struggling to get through until she felt two hands grab onto her and pull her through.

the portal closed behind her and she fell on top of nancy. she quickly got of nancy clearing her throat awkwardly and admired nancy now that she was able to see her more clearly. the boy paused to look at the strange girl in the suit before walking over to nancy to help her up. finally, she unzipped the suit to revealing who was inside. the girl took a deep breath finally breathing in fresh air after 1 year, she never thought she would miss air of all things. after hearing the boy clear his throat the girl turned around to face the now confused boy, "So uhm who are you?" the girl smiled awkwardly before reaching her hand out for the boy to shake which he accepted.  "Im makani, makani mccain."

the boy raised a eyebrow at the strange girl, considering she hadn't bathed or cleaned for 1 year she looked pretty scruffy. "oh, I'm jonathan and thats nancy," makani turned around to nancy to find her already staring at her. nancy quickly looked away and began hugging herself as a form of self comfort. "thanks for saving me makani, yeah anytime nancy no need to thank me," said makani with a hint of sarcasm while still looking at nancy. makani couldn't deny the fact that the girl infront of her was insanely gorgeous. the second the two girls touched in the upside down both of them felt something between them, it was like a mini electric shock, something nancy felt with steve  just a lot more intense, this feeling was completely new to makani. nancy craved for the brown eyed girls touch again. these feelings scared her not only because they came so quickly within less than a hour of meeting but because it was for..... a girl. "oh uhm yeah thanks," nancy said blushing from embarrassment. makani smiled satisfied with the thank you, "well i know we just met but can you give me a ride?"

Authors Note: And so it begins ;) Welp the book is flopping and not reaching the target audience but im enjoying writing this

-Artymisy