iii. A Light In The Dark

Chapter 3iii

Chapter 3
iii. A Light In The Dark

Third Person POV

makani waited in the  corrupted lab for a week which felt like all of eternity hoping dr brenner would come back for her but he never did.

 the rift had closed and there was no way out.

Time Skip 1 year later

remembering her moms last words makani never gave up and did whatever it took to survive. she became so desperate that she started living off demogorgans. they provided enough for her to survive but the first couple of months... lets just say it didn't stay in her stomach long, i mean come on humans aren't built to eat fucking demogorgans.

being in the upside down did things to her, especially since she had been in it for so long. It genetically modified her dna in ways she wasn't even aware of yet. she did things that she wasn't necessarily proud of but were absolutely necessary to survive.

but each month her hope slowly depleted until it was reduced to nothing. she started questioning her life and if it was even worth living.

all hope was lost until the day that redirected her life. until the day she saw her, it was like the numbness and emptiness that infected her for so long was replaced with hope. 

she was like a light in the dark.

Authors Note: I know its short as fuck but i wanted to separate each chapter by significant events, anygays see you around :) yes i know im a bitch for leaving you on such a cliff hanger

-Artymisy