v. Should I stay or should I go

Chapter 5v

Chapter 5
v. Should I stay or should I go

they drove back in complete silence. they all collectively decided they would stay at  nancys house the night since no one wanted to be home alone. makani looked over at nancy at every opportunity she could. nancy was zoned out as she stared out the window getting flashbacks of the upside down engraved into her brain, it was all she could see every time she blinked or closed her eyes. despite makani not knowing many people she knew she liked girls. she also knew it wasn't accepted in society. luckily her mom accepted her. back when she was alive she ranted about lgbtq+ rights and how  today's society and their pea sized brains weren't able to comprehend it and how in a couple years time it would eventually somewhat get accepted.

even though she thought she wouldn't stand a chance with her, makani couldn't resist admiring nancy's beauty, from her chestnut hair to her sharp defined jawline. finally, they parked in front of the wheeler's house. all three of them got out the car and snook into the house trying to not wake anyone up. they then snook into nancys room and  nancy slowly closed the door making sure to not make it slam shut.

realizing she had been holding her breath the whole time nancy released a sigh. "do you want me to call your parents to let them know where you are?" asked nancy. makani stared blankly at nancy before replying "so i guess this is the awkward part where i tell you that I don't have parents or a home," nancy and jonathan both looked at each other before looking back at makani. it was clear they both had questions but considering what they had been through they decided they could wait.

the three of them took turns showering with makani going first, jonathan second and nancy last. whilst jonathan and makani waited for nancy to finish showering makani noticed the record player in the corner of the room she rushed over looking through the music collection before she found a song she liked. she put the record on and 'should I stay or should I go' started playing just loud enough for only them to hear. makani rocked to the music, jonathan bopped his head to the music, as the chorus played they both sang, a smile pulled onto jonathan's lips for the first time the whole day, something was telling him that he liked the odd girl.(nah chill its platonic guys)

he let out a sigh as the song came to the end making makani turn to the boy and sit beside him, "whats up?" the boy looked down at his fingers fiddling with them "this song... it just reminds me of my  little brother, he went missing and we have been trying to find him in.. whatever the hell that place is," makani continued to listen, "You haven't seen him in there by any chance?" she shook her head, "im sure you'll find him, i can help no one knows that place as well as i do," jonathan gave her a thankful look, "now come on we better set up somewhere to sleep on the floor before nancy comes."

the two found blankets  and began laying them down leaving a gap between them, as they were laying them out nancy came in without saying a word slowly closing the door behind her. makani looked up at the girl concerned knowing how much the nights events had affected her, if anyone could understand what the girl was going through it would be her. she began hugging herself looking down at the pair, makani cleared her throat, "so how are you holding up?" nancy paused before replying, "yeah, im fine" she said in a unconvincing small voice. makani decided not to pressure her. "is this okay uhm we found it in the closet," jonathan said pointing to the blankets on the floor, nancy nodded awkwardly, "uhm i can go home i just figured-" makani observed the awkward interaction between the two. she raised an eyebrow at the boys awkwardness as he continued to stammer. "yeah no i don't wanna be alone," said nancy cutting the boys stammering off.

jonathan simply nodded, "uhm, do you?" asked nancy causing jonathan to quickly shake his head. they both looked down awkwardly, makani chuckled before clapping her hands together, "okay well i think its best we sleep it off i mean seriously i haven't gotten a good nights rest for a year, then we can make a plan tommorow sound good?" nancy and jonathan both nodded. "seriously thank you for helping me," said jonathan sincerely. makani simply smiled, "well, i had to make some space in my very busy schedule so you owe me," joked makani both nancy and jonathan detecting the sarcasm. they all climbed into their beds and lied awake unable to sleep. 

nancys voice broke the silence, "can you guys just come up here?" makani and jonathan climbed up onto the bed makani climbed in beside nancy hesitantly leaving a couple centimetres between them and jonathan climbed in behind her tucking his pistol under the pillow. "do you want the lights off or.." nancy shook her head continuing to stare up at the ceiling. noticing the girls uneasiness makani moved closer to the girl a warm fuzzy feeling appeared in the chest nut haired girls stomach as the closeness of the two, "you know it can't get us in here," whispered makani. "you don't know that." replied nancy. "trust me i won't let it get you," a sense of safeness overcame nancy even though it wasn't enough for her to sleep.

Authors Note:I wrote this while listening to should i stay or should i go

Authors Note:I wrote this while listening to should i stay or should i go. It is indeed a slow burn but the great thing about slow burns are that when they finally kiss its just like FUCK YEAHHHH and we love seeing relationships grow anyways love you AND DRINK FUCKING WATER ISTG TAKE CARE OF URSELF 

DISCLAIMER ALL CHAPTERS ARE CURRENTLY UNEDITED SO PLEASE POINT OUT MISTAKES

-Artymisy