Chapter 5: The Rumor

Hermione woke up wondering what was making the noise by the window. She searched for Severus, he was still sleeping. She looked at the window and she saw Prof. McGonagall's owl sitting by the window and knocking through its beak. Hermione opened the door. The owl handed the paper on its beak to Hermione's hand.

To Prof. Hermione Granger and Prof. Severus Snape

Hermione thought for a moment. "How did Prof. McGonagall know that I am here?" She closed the window without noticing that the owl had left already.

Severus moved and saw Hermione standing puzzled. He was awake now.

"What's the matter my Queen?" said Severus as Hermione came closer to the side of the bed.

"McGonagall sent us a letter. My name name is here too, how did she know?" said Hermione as she started to open the letter.

Hermione and Severus,

I have something very important to discuss with you. This is an urgent matter. Please proceed to my office. I will be waiting in an hour.

Prof. McGonagall

Hermione looked and Severus with a very confused face.

"This is odd. First she knew where I was. Second, both of us are summoned for an important matter, and it's urgent. Do you have any idea what it is all about? Does she know that I live here already? Well I'm not but that's what it looks like."

Severus sighed and smiled at Hermione.

"Don't you like it? They have a clue already about what we are going to announce today." said Severus.

"Do you think she's mad? Or she doesn't like it?" asked Hermione.

"It will be fine. Trust me." said Severus as he hugged Hermione and held her cheeks to make her smile.

"That's right, that is what I need today." said Severus.

Hermione smiled and started to get ready. Severus did the same, they do not want to be late for that meeting and they are eager to know what Prof. McGonagall is going to tell them.

"You go first so they won't notice." said Severus.

Hermione nodded then kissed Severus lips and then the door opened and she went out. Severus went out a few minutes after Hermione.

Hermione was walking along the corridors of Hogwarts. Most of the students were looking at her in disgust but there are some who looked at here in amazement.

"Oh my, she's so lucky." one student said.
"Yuck, I wouldn't do that if I were her. It's disgusting." another student said.

Hermione was now very confused. She didn't know what were they talking about. She was in very deep thought that she didn't notice that she was already in front of Prof. McGonagall's office. She knocked on the door.

"Come in." a sweet voice came from the door. "Oh there you are Hermione dear." said Prof. McGonagall.

Hermione was surprised to see Severus already standing beside Prof. McGonagall's table.

"That was fast," she thought.

Severus secretly smiled at Hermione when Minerva wasn't looking.

"You may be wondering why I summoned you here. Everybody in Hogwarts are intrigued by your relationship Prof. Granger and Prof. Snape. According to Mr. Filch, there were first year students out of bed last night exploring the school and both of you were seen by the gardens. They said you were dating in the middle of the night." said McGonagall.