Prologue

"The world wants to know, what led to the writing of your newest book?"

"People are talking, and the subject is author, Y/N L/N's latest book, Corruption in the Underworld."

"Bestselling author, Y/N L/N says this ..."

"She's a bestselling author from H/P, and her latest book has blown her to the international level. Critics and supporters alike are raving about what this young woman has to say, claiming people need to listen."

"I have been a huge fan of Y/N L/N since the debut of her first book and I gotta say, this book really caught my attention and got me thinking. Like, what else have I been sleeping on in our society?"

"Some protesters claim that Y/N L/N's latest book should be banned, stating that they find it to be a scare tactic, while supporters of the author argue otherwise."

"I've started to pay closer attention to my surroundings and observing people. If what Y/N says is true, then ya just never know. Ya know?"

"I wouldn't say I'm more afraid now. I just think it makes sense what she said. I mean, why hasn't anyone else stopped to say any of this? Did she go through something to say this? People just don't think."

"I think some people are scared of what she said because it only confirms what they've believed, but what she suggested really does sound promising. If people would just focus on that, but we'll see."

"Her thoughts and ideas hold value. I know what she's suggesting is scaring some people, but it really is a good idea. I'm all for it."

"I went to school with Y/N, so I wasn't really surprised when she released a new book so quickly, but what I read in it...it really opened my eyes. I never considered any of that stuff. It really made me open my eyes. It's inspired me to take a stand, even if that stand doesn't directly benefit me."

"It's a revolution in such a unique and inspiring way. So, many people are fighting for these rights and actions now that the legislation might just listen."

"We're fighting to see change!"

"We're fighting for hope!"

"We're fighting for equality!"

"We're fighting for justice!"

"We're fighting so that future generations don't have to live in fear!"

"We're fighting because no one else will."

They say as a writer you have the ability to move nations. That your voice can start a movement. Before everything that happened, I didn't believe that. I thought my talents came in just entertaining readers, but now...I understand what I can do. This gift I have can be used to shape the world - to help others. I know I'm just one person, but this is my tribute to the things I overlooked for so long.

And I hope you're watching.

**Hello, lovelies! So, little prologue here. Not a whole lot of info, but I hope y'all liked it. At the time of typing this, the weather is starting to become a rollercoaster. One day it's hot as sin and the next it's mild. Tis that time of year, I suppose. That said, I am so excited for spooky season. Anyone else? Anyway, thank you so much for being here! I will see you in the first chapter! Wuv yous!! <3**

-Noel Ross