Chapter 1

Alone I sit next to the blazing hearth. I only just managed to get my favourite arm chair back from those pesky Sackville-Bagginses. Thoughts of my adventure flew through my mind like fireworks but all I could see was the long black and grey hair flowing majestically in the wind and eyes like a whirling sea storm that pierced my soul whenever he looked in my direction. Even though he was small he had the presence of a man king when he hugged me I felt like I was floating and I could've stayed there forever.

Things could't be this way not even if he had... if he had lived as king under the mountain he would need to have an heir to keep his blood line going. A male hobbit would be a particularly bad candidate for this job. And more importantly, why would he love me? He is a grand Pegasus and I a mere Shetland pony not even worthy of his attention, love and affection is out of the question.

I could still believe. I reached into the pocket of my blue coat to find the acorn, perfect and smooth. It rolled about in my palm for a few seconds but i clenched my fist around it not wanting my memories of Thorin to roll in to the fire. Hurriedly I walk outside, grab my rusting spade and start to dig a hole in the front of my garden near the door where all of my companions, especially Thorin, stood at. 

"To my king under the mountain, never forget your master burglar."

The acorn fell from my open hand and so did a a drop of water. I realised I was crying and soon my tears created a little pool for the acorn. I covered the ground again and slowly wandered back inside regretting leaving that tree for a second.

As the clouds past over the moon Thorin's  calm face appeared in the clouds

"Do not worry, how could I?" 

His spirit left the cloud and floated into the acorn, it gradually faded into a silvery blue colour.

"I will never forget."