Chapter 6: Mated with one of those creatures!

Adhira:

My head felt extremely heavy and my eyelids seemed glued together. Prying my eyes open seemed a challenge. But when the light finally hit my irises, a sharp pain shot across my skull. Oh, shoot! I ruggedly breathed as I struggled to adapt and ease the pain. Fatigue pulled at my muscles.

I staggered to my feet and began jogging without a second thought. I scurried up the hilly terrain choosing to ignore the way my vision went in and out of focus. My feet stumbled against the rocky surface.

The path seemed almost empty as if people from the last day didn't come back again or... they took a different path? I didn't meet Vinu. Bliss seemed to have disappeared suspiciously. I didn't have it in me to think or feel upset about it. I was occupied keeping my balance as my mind swayed perilously.

But my being seemed to pull me up that hill towards that one high tower. My knees wobbled halfway up that stone staircase. I harshly fell on my knees and dragged myself onto the terrace. My head ached and pleaded to be set down onto the floor. So, I lowered myself slowly onto the rough floor.

Feeling my cheek rest against the cool stone floor, I shut my eyes and fell asleep. How easy it was to sleep and hope to never wake up. But I have woken up over and over again like a curse. I didn't have it in me to think or feel the conflict. I felt too tired. Too tired to carry on...

Nyx:

I watched her fall asleep, eagle-spread on the holy stone of our ancestors. Strange how that structure seemed to always invite me and now, this human. It seemed bizarre how she always dragged herself up there. No other human had the vigor to go on.

I stayed put, perched on a stone sled watching the scene with an eagle's eye. I watched how the scene looked cleaner with humans scattered away from each other, running in different directions. Predators claimed different areas to hunt.

"Who's that?" Carlos Alverez's new mate whispered.

I still can't seem to apprehend the reality that he mated with a human that he was supposed to kill. I growled at her intrusion.

"Hey, be nice to Nyra now," Carlos said causing me to give him an ugly glare.

He sighed, "Never mind! Nyra, that girl is our beast's new love interest." I could hear the smirk in this tone.

It had me counting reasons why I shouldn't just crush his skull right then. But then, I saw the sky darken. The sun was setting.

I wondered what would happen if I didn't kill her. My beast seemed to rebel at the idea. He seemed almost worried... But I stayed put and watched.

The sun was getting lower and she sat up abruptly. She gasped for breath.

"Nyx, please free her. That'll torture her," Carlos urgently told me.

"How do you know?" I asked him as I watch her start coughing.

"I just do," the girl seemed to whimper.

"Nyx, you need to free her," Carlos urged me firmly. She coughed blood onto the floor.

"Let's just watch what happens," I whispered amusingly finding pleasure in her pain.

I felt Carlos's mate stand up and run from the scene.

"Nyra! What the hell, Nyx?! Don't do this. You need to end this!"

I watched as her hands clutched her head in agony and then clutched her chest letting out a cry of pain.

"Nyx, please." Carlos pleaded. Such a soft-hearted shifter!

My beast fought to break through and take control. My fingers turned to claws. Such a strong fight!

I watched as she staggered to her feet trying to reach the edge of the terrace. I wondered if she wanted to throw herself off the edge.

But her legs failed her and brought her to her knees.

"Please..." I heard her say.

She seemed to choke on her blood and Carlos stood with a loud growl. He seemed to walk off in disappointment as I watched the human die a slow agonizing death.

"Please." Were her last words.

I walked back to the house in silence feeling the disappointment that my beast felt. She is a human, one of the billions who had cut down the wildlife and those invaluable memories along with them. They had taken lives. So many that they don't deserve anything but pain!

And now, Carlos has mated with one of those creatures!

I couldn't rest.

The day would repeat again. Would it really be amusing to watch her die a death like that again?

I wouldn't know.

┍━━━━━━━━━━♥♠♣♦━━━━━━━━━━┑

Adhira:

My eyes shot open and I gasped, waking up from the nightmare. I felt my frame tremble at the pain that seemed imprinted into my mind. My body seemed to tense, the pain creating a shudder of memory through my body.

"Not again! Please, not again," I sobbed openly to the emptiness of the path.

But soon I was running up the path quickly. I was determined not to fall asleep and to keep my eyes open.

I stepped onto the terrace and stumbled out of exhaustion. I refused to let my head touch the ground. My head weighing me down, I lifted my eyes to greet the familiar presence waiting for me.

There she stood in all her glory, the beautiful panther that seemed to impersonate a gorgeous human.

Those night-blue eyes drawing my attention.

What do you think??