DESCRIPTION

ELI

The world wasn't always such a dangerous place. I remembered laughing with my friends. Enjoying the simple things in life, like skipping class. But then, the alert went out. And everyone knew what to do.

We didn't have much time to get any belongings. The bunkers would close before we could. We had just enough time to reach their doors and get inside. And hopefully, we would survive the disaster that was coming.

I ran down the street. Not sure where I was going. Or if my friends would be alive.

Reaching the chambers, I prepared myself for what was coming. I thought that I knew what the world was going to be like when I woke up. I thought that the world was going to be a peaceful place, similar to the one that I was leaving.

But now I know, that was just a dream. Nothing more.

DANNY

Before my time, the ancients ruled over the world. They lived with technology. Towers touched the clouds in the city.

It was said that they lived in a peaceful time, not much different from our own.

A time when the ruins glowed in the dark. With bright lights sparkling as far as the eye can see.

I never understood why such a peaceful place would be destroyed. It didn't sink right with me. If they were so peaceful. Why did they destroy themselves?

Maybe. Someday. I'll get a straight answer out of the goddess.

Until then, a girl can keep dreaming.

FINN

The ancients are so fascinating to me. I spent all my spare time reading about them and what they could do. I wouldn't say that I'm obsessed. But my friend, Danny would say that I am.

Danny has her own opinions about the ancients. Like most of her people, she believed that the goddess wasn't to be trusted. Like she was hiding something away from us.

So. The genius that I am. Decided to track into the dead zone. To prove to her that there was nothing hidden away. And surprisingly, that was when I met him.

A real-life ancient.

I was so excited. I thought that most of my questions were about to get answered. But little did I know, I was just going to have many more questions to ask them.