Closed Door's

"It's not the lies you tell in public but the truth that comes out behind closed doors"
          -anonymous

Natasha's POV,

It was another night another terrible nightmare. I sat on the edge of my bed with my head in my knees, crying. This happens every night it's nothing new, but I knew if my parent's heard the sounds of my cry's they would do horrible things to me when I awoke in the morning. So I cried silently just letting the tears fall, I would cry myself to sleep most nights, the thought that tomorrow was just another day where I wouldn't matter, stuck in my mind.

Tomorrow is my first day of middle school, which means another year of bullying for me. But I have to admit, I would take the bullying over the abuse any day or anytime.

As I got ready for school, I sighed to myself. I was always self-conscious about my appearance, the red hair, the curvy body. Sometimes I just wanted to throw on a gigantic tee shirt and sweatpants and call it a day, but I knew my mom wouldn't allow her only daughter to be seen in something so unjust. As I walked downstairs, my mother walked up to me, a look of disgust on her face.

"For God sakes Natalia, fix your hair" she said sternly

"Yes mother" I replied as I went back upstairs to brush out my hair

I then went back down to the kitchen, I grabbed an pop-tart and was about to take a bite when someone smacked it out of my hand.

"You don't need that, you need to lose some weight if you're ever gonna marry" my mother stated sternly

I wanted to cry, right then and there. But instead I nodded, went over to the fruit basket and grabbed an apple from it.

"Good girl" she said before walking away

I could feel a single tear drop run down my cheek, I quickly whipped it away. I knew better than to show my emotions, especially in front of my father. Just as I was about to take a bite out of my apple, I felt a strong hand grab my shoulder, I gulped, knowing who it was. I turn and there he is, my father looking at me dead in the eye, no emotion on his face at all.

Sometimes I wondered how my mother and father stayed married for so many years, the only time they ever show any affection was when they were in public together.

"Good morning father" I greeted with a friendly smile on my face

He rolled his eyes in annoyance "don't forget you have ballet after school, I got you a new pair of pointe shoes, so now you have nothing to complain about" he stated

I nodded "thank you father" I said politely and turned to walk out the door

"Oh, and Natalia" he called

I looked at him from over my shoulder "yes?" I asked

"The only time we're allowed to show our emotions is" he paused

"When we're in public" I replied finishing his sentence

As I walked out of the house, I could almost feel myself smile, but then I remembered I'm leaving one hell to go to another. Those thoughts were quickly pulled away when I saw a black SUV pull into our driveway, I wasn't excited to see the SUV though, I was excited to see the driver.

"Hey Nick" I greeted excitedly as I hoped into the SUV

"Why hello Natasha, how are you" he asked with a smile as he looked up at me from the rearview mirror

"Same ol" I replied with a shrug not wanting to talk about the summer I had

Nick gave me a sympathetic smile